LMM: New Danville 68MM Stg2R Review

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
:thumb::thumb: fantastic. That 777 I had coupled crazy low too, but it was so low that the truck would literally not move for a good 2 seconds and then tear the tires loose - and of course the lockup problems like you had in the 1058. The Precision I'm using is worlds better, although it seems to be a bit loose on top. I dialed in more slip rate in my TCM tune and it helped a ton. It's not perfect, but much better. I'd love to check yours out!

TowU4Free

#SecretSquirrel
Aug 27, 2011
Im still tunning my TCM tune from the 1058 with a little MPH added before the 5th gear lockup havent tried bringing it back down yet

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I feel our converter comes out of the hole better and gets on top of the turbo/turbo's better then the 74 but it's all a matter of opinion as many people like the 74.

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
If it wasn't for stock class pulling rules I would just run a 68 Stage 2R on our shop work truck, but because of them I started with one of Mark's 68 Stage 2Rs and built a stock appearing 2.5" turbo with a stock front cover and a 3794BMW wheel. It turned out awesome for towing, ran 11.81 @ 115 on it's first 1/4 mile pass and won 2 classes of pulling at it's last event. At Rudy's it took 4th in the work stock class and was 2 feet behind a built motor, stage 2 head, 9100 cam, truck with a Danville 72mm on it (shouldn't have been in the stock class, but after I tuned it the next day it would have been a lot further than 2 feet ahead of the work truck). Even though it isn't an out of the box Stage 2R, it is still a testament to how awesome the 68 is if you can get away with running it. And even if you want a stock appearing one built like mine, Mark could take care of that for you - I just didn't have time before Rudy's to get one from him and had a 68 and a 3794BMW wheel on the shelf, so I did it myself - I will not be making or selling them.

Here's a video of one of the pulls - I got red flagged and had to let out before hitting pavement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8xN3vIRr3I

56taskforce

Mar 30, 2014
This post makes me feel much better Russ this is a solid choice and would have been mine if I hadn't had the 3794 already on the way when Mark brought this one out... But then again I think this 3794 is going to be great to twin over I just have to make up my mind between a spiffed up 475 or a stock 480...:D

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Cornell you going to be selling a truck?

I don't know yet.... sure as hell don't need 3 trucks but I don't want to sell crew or reg cab.

A 2015 reg cab shorty with a 68 stg2r does sound nice to me... I think I'd get over selling the RCSB LBZ

grantschimpf

Dec 12, 2015
Hey guys. I'm looking to start getting my list ready to start building a lmm. I don't currently have one, just waiting for my truck to sell right now first (520rwhp Supercharged 6.2 gmc1500)

After reading everything I'm almost positive I would rather go with this turbo over twins.
My issue is, I'm not loozing for retarded power, I'd love to be in that 700 plus hp club but don't wanna do a full engine right away.
My list will be this with ppe manifolds and pipes, 4" down pipe, full egr delete and tube and intercooler hot pipe. Fuel will just be a fass 150, fuel shim and ported valve.

My question is tho with these turbos have you guys had any head gasket issues? With added boost and drive pressure from the tow brake?
Again only wanna look at built on stuff right now, but wanna play safe a bit.