New Colorado ordering

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I guess I just don't understand. The best tuner on the market already has support, why go to a second rate tuner and wait to see if they can figure it out.
+1. And hoping they get it right. Asking for trouble.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
He apparently already has an HPT which isn't so uncommon - HPT has a lot of users in the gasser world.

Absolutely right. I bought into HPT before I was aware EFILive was even a thing. The Gas world is also much more split on EFILive vs HPT. IMO HPT has a usability edge there. We'll see if that changes once I start playing around on the oil burner side. As I understand it, the roles may be reversed here.

A relative of mine does have EFILive, and I have tuned (LS platform) with it in the past. I don't have anything against it, I just haven't had a compelling reason to move considering my current investment.

Eventually I'll end up comparing functionality for this PCM between both platforms. If there's a good reason for me to purchase, I'll do so. That likely won't be until the warranty's up. I can't justify buying a new kit when my immediate needs are modest. Deleting DEF, correct tire sizes, maybe turning up very mildly if I get a wild hair.

JDPlowboy

Feb 6, 2011
Also asked my salesman at local dealer again this morning. He said they won't see them till middle of 2016

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Asians have got them hummming! No idea how but I'd say some folks will here before too long. :woott:

That prostock truck from Thailand that was shipped over here for the TX race last year or so was powered by a wildly modified baby duramax wasn't it?!?!

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Also asked my salesman at local dealer again this morning. He said they won't see them till middle of 2016

I'd be curious where your salesman is getting his info. I'm anticipating he's misunderstanding that it's a 'late 2016 (model year) availability'. If that is true, they may as well hold off and call it an early 2017. The 2016 went into production mid July.

Rumor has it GM will begin accepting orders for production sometime the week of August 27th with production starting Sept 21st. That puts them at dealers mid/late October. This came from a regional sales manager within Chevrolet. Whether or not that information's accurate, nobody knows.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
I bet you can get one to run 12's without a problem. I already talked to Rob at ATP. Don't think the trans will hold it though.

I'd absolutely agree with the worry about the trans. It seems to be the glaring weak link so far. I have my doubts it'd live at stock power levels if you're pushing the truck pretty consistently.

EFILive posted numbers that were around +45 HP, and pushing torque over 400 lb/ft.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My dealer called this afternoon. He is ready to take my order. Seems there was a question on allocations. I will be ordering in the morning. He said it will take all of 8 weeks to get it.
Now I need to decide what color. Guess it will be silver once again.:D

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
My dealer called this afternoon. He is ready to take my order. Seems there was a question on allocations. I will be ordering in the morning. He said it will take all of 8 weeks to get it.
Now I need to decide what color. Guess it will be silver once again.:D

Are you keeping the LML or sending it up the road?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Well that's where you come in! Lol

The 6L50 trans is rated at 320lb tq. That won't cut it. Will GM modify it to a 6L80?
There are many parts available for the 6L family since its inception in '06. Tuning will be the most important part for getting pressure up. Converter will be loose as GM always worries about high altitude turbo spool up. I'm only going to keep this for a year or less till the big truck comes out.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Scary how low that is. Put 7k behind it and I don't think it'll be very happy for long.

Hopefully they change it out sooner than later

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
The 6L50 trans is rated at 320lb tq. That won't cut it. Will GM modify it to a 6L80?
There are many parts available for the 6L family since its inception in '06. Tuning will be the most important part for getting pressure up. Converter will be loose as GM always worries about high altitude turbo spool up. I'm only going to keep this for a year or less till the big truck comes out.

Not that it matters a whole lot in this particular conversation, but here's a GM response to a request about the advertised diesel torque vs previous trans rating. From the sound of it they're now advertising it's capable of greater torque without making any modifications.

Thetransmission rating will increase to match the diesel performance rating. The transmission could always handle it, however we rate at the highest torqueapplication. The rating will go up to the new level with the new spec sheet.

Hopethat helps.

Thanks!

OtieMcKinley
ChevroletTruck Communications

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Not that it matters a whole lot in this particular conversation, but here's a GM response to a request about the advertised diesel torque vs previous trans rating. From the sound of it they're now advertising it's capable of greater torque without making any modifications.

Good response.:D

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
So they said ok we'll just give it a higher rating so people don't worry.