New Colorado ordering

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
On another forum I'm hearing of accepted orders. It's looking up after a year of waiting.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Im thinking gm may try the ford approach with the colorado/canyon trucks. A dedicated HD and then the smaller truck. 7700 pounds is right in the half ton battle for towing.

Me want....

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I did find a dealer today that could look it up, but he could not price it yet.

What is it with GM? They are taking orders on 2016 Volts with no prices either. I know what MSRP is but none of the options :dontknow:

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
7700 pounds is right in the half ton battle for towing.

That's been my reasoning. It does exactly what I need it to do, gets better milage than my current DD, and is relatively simple to navigate in a metro area. It feels like this truck was designed with me in mind.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
That's been my reasoning. It does exactly what I need it to do, gets better milage than my current DD, and is relatively simple to navigate in a metro area. It feels like this truck was designed with me in mind.
It sounds like it's designed with MANY in mind who are willing to get into the truck they need(just maybe not the truck they want). Most who tow with a half ton don't ever tow more than 7700 pounds, and they can fit 4 adults. GM may be onto something if they market this truck right, but I'm sure they're concerned about cutting into there half ton market with specs like these.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Oh look....GM found a purpose for all those extra LB7/LLY badges they still had in stock. :roflmao:

Actually, it looks like a nice truck. It sure as hell better get the mid 30s mileage on the highway, though. Forged crank and rods should help with the eventual performance applications. Interesting that its DOHC, too.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Im thinking gm may try the ford approach with the colorado/canyon trucks. A dedicated HD and then the smaller truck. 7700 pounds is right in the half ton battle for towing.

Me want....

I had wanted one after seeing them all day at the plant. I had a chance to take some time and see how it feels. But I'm not feeling it the seats there on the floor like a Camaro or corvette. Unlike the cars were you drop down in the seat the truck you slid up into. But the steering wheel is in the way for buggier guys and long legs.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Oh look....GM found a purpose for all those extra LB7/LLY badges they still had in stock. :roflmao:

Actually, it looks like a nice truck. It sure as hell better get the mid 30s mileage on the highway, though. Forged crank and rods should help with the eventual performance applications. Interesting that its DOHC, too.

Tom there not left over badges we still use them everyday. There on the vans we build with the Duramax.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Anyone know what PCM the US Spec truck will be using? Is it the same as the Global truck? HPTuners has beta support for the Holden Colorado. I'm hoping it translates across to this guy as well.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Anyone know what PCM the US Spec truck will be using? Is it the same as the Global truck? HPTuners has beta support for the Holden Colorado. I'm hoping it translates across to this guy as well.

Efilive already said that were going to have support for it. Problem solved :D

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
I expected that answer :)
Unfortunately it's not so cut and dry for us gassers who purchased years ago. I'd rather not pick up a new setup considering my tuning needs will be minor on the diesel side.

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
Per http://www.dieselworldmag.com/first-look-gms-2-8l-duramax-canyoncolorado-beyond I'm hold holding my breath...

GM has switched ECU or engine control units from Bosch control system to Continental. Bosch remains the supplier for the 2.0-liter diesel. Like that smaller motor, all the software controlling the engine is created in-house, then supplied to the controller maker to burn onto the silicon. This will be the first GM engine with Continental diesel engine controllers in the U.S., we’re told.

EDIT: I was able to eventually find it's a Continental E98.

Last edited:

rjanuary

Aug 6, 2015
For the minority of us who are interested in HPT support:
I have been in contact with them for about a week. After I provided the info I found last night they stated they'd likely be able to support it, but would need to test.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
I guess I just don't understand. The best tuner on the market already has support, why go to a second rate tuner and wait to see if they can figure it out.