LB7: New Best

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. :hug:

Oh yeah, forgot....there was a mid-60s Chevy Custom pickup there today with a Cummins transplant. Flat black fleetside longbox. Very cool.
Was running an S300 turbo (62/67 I think he said...whatever that means) but he was having issues with it. Blown boot, then a water leak, then something happened to the I/P. It was too bad he couldnt get it to run.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Getting closer!!! Yes some drag radials are needed. Those things are light weight so that alone should help. Sucks if your c3 is getting tired as I was hoping to see the 11 second pass this year lol! Years not quite over yet lol! Congrats on your new best! You deserve it!!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Tom you are aware that I no longer like you right?:hug::hug: Congrats man 12.1 on a stock turbo #2 is impressing us all :D

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
Congrats Tom , glad to see some of the stuff we have talked about is working well :) Simply amazing on a stock turbo !!!!

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
They put all the pics up online! Very cool! www.rentthetrack.com
Wow, your truck is SHARP! Looks just like mine, but without the scratches and dents. :drool: Makes me wish I took better care of my body. (Although my interior still looks new?!?)

Congrats on the new time! That is simply amazing for a stock turbo. If you get your CP3 refreshed/replaced, I'll bet you'll hit 11's, or be really, really close. Just being where you are is nothing short of remarkable, IMO.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I thought about taking the rear bumper off and adding some pulsewidth back in to give it one more banzai try for an 11.99, but with all the carnage (had 4 oildown delays during the 6hrs) decided not to. On my last pass, I must've been in some oil or something on the start, as i blew off all three tires (pass front doesnt turn) and mustve screwed up the speed sensor in the trans. Speedo was stuck at 100mph all the way down the track and the truck was bucking. Im thinking, "Oh shit, what the hell did I do?" and figured I had broke a Ujoint. I kept looking to see if my driveshaft was laying on the track. Ran a niiiice 15.80@74mph and said "No more today". Popped her out of 4wd at end and crossed my fingers, and luckily, everything was still working. No popped Ujoint, Tcase in one piece, no broken halfshafts. Found peeled, melted rubber EVERYWHERE in the wheel wells, though.

Everett, I keep finding new things to do to the truck, so I have no idea when I'll find the limit.

Steve, I tried. :) It'll happen. In fact, I forgot I havent even touched the rails to open up those restrictors yet, so theres another mod to do. EGT's were 1500*, so thats not too bad. Truck runs very strong once it gets thru the gears, so oddly enough, I think my biggest issue right now isnt air, its fuel. Get rail to 23000+ and that should be the ticket. Could just be something in the tune.
I have football responsibilities the rest of the month, so that probably ends TnT for me this year. Theres a remote possibility I can get back on the 24th, adn if so, Ill see if I can borrow Darius's drag radials.

Nick, I knew you'd be a bit mad at me. I even said that to Trent when i talked to him later on. :rofl: I know you'll get your 11 by end of the month. Just keep at it.

Dave, my truck is a mess. It looks nice from 50ft, but its really not. Interior is in bad need of repair (seat, carpet) and paint is scratched and pitted and even peeling on edge of hood. Im to the point where I just drive it and have fun with it.

Thanks for the kudos and the support everyone. I really appreciate it. Big kudos to Rick and Trent for all their help this year. ;)

Last edited:

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Congrats Tom , glad to see some of the stuff we have talked about is working well :) Simply amazing on a stock turbo !!!!
Couldnt have done it without your help this past year, Trent. I love talking trucks and crazy ideas with you.

Tom just love watching the progress you make on a stock charger. Many guys aren't even running these times on a more modded trucks.

Thanks Julian. Its all in how everything on the truck works together.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
"Holy Moly" You are the man Tom! Congrats!!

Thanks Matt. You know we'll be getting together some one of these days and figuring out what to do next.

IMO, when it comes to stock-turbo "manliness", nobody, and I mean nobody, even comes close to you and Trent and those 11.0s you guys ran last year. :thumb: