LBZ: New best time on Stock Trans!!!!!!

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
congrats thats getting it. Mine has a transgo jr. With a little knowledge on driving and knowing when enough it enough, they will last pretty long. Mine went a year on a tune i run 12.61 with and i launched the truck alot on the street playing around. I ended up sheering the cam pin off and jamming the valves into the pistons and bending pushrods. I got it back together with rods, pistons, new valves/springs/pushrods and a set of 100% nozzles. It went 12.45 on a 1870pw@25* when it went back to the track. But last night the converter started acting up (its been back together for about 1.5 months) But it really doesnt owe me a dollar. Lol

I am pretty sure having a higher shifting rpm trans tune goes a long way that way the engine is making less torque. Also having a higher rpm trans tune has netted faster et's me for as well.

You did a complete motor build before you built your trans??

Pbnj429

Jan 20, 2013
Michigan
I havent done much to mine

I have a hotter tune and havent had any issues with my trans. i want to see at what point i can make it fail :) then time to play:D:D

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
Awesome! I'm amazed at what these trannys will take! Mine's scheduled to get built in a 2 weeks but she's still kicking after a full summer of beating 20 hooks and close to 20 passes at the strip! :thumb:

Best time is in signature below. That's all I could get out of her. We look to be in the same ball park.

cwmeaux1

Dec 11, 2011
Carlyss, Louisiana
Yall going Charles??
Didn't get to go been working 7,12's at work . Will be getting my truck ready soon . Goin to put my roll cage before racing it again:). Evadale maybe opening once a month again for test and tune I hear they working on a schedule.

Awesome! I'm amazed at what these trannys will take! Mine's scheduled to get built in a 2 weeks but she's still kicking after a full summer of beating 20 hooks and close to 20 passes at the strip! :thumb:

I tried killing my stock trans at one pass at 12.5 and 7 more next night at 12.6's , the tc would shutter more each pass. Then drove it home and around the house . Calvin's hot flushed cooler all day they said lol .