Allison 5sp: New Alli budget kit

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I'm coming out with a budget kit for the Alli which consists of 2/3 of a SC 3 kit. It will contain:
14 Alto single sided C1's
6 Alto red eagle C2's with steels and wave plate
5 Alto red eagle C3's with steels
PR shim for more pressure
SC single disc billet converter.
Transgo shift kit

Price will be 1822.00

Last edited:

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl
Sounds good Mike. Any Idea how much power this kit will hold?
I'm coming out with a budget kit for the Alli which consists of 2/3 of a SC 3 kit. It will contain:

Price will be 1822.00

2k5LLY

May 27, 2008
Las Vegas
What would the installed prices be comparing that to the full scIII kit. I have a ppe that will go to the 225 tune...would that be an option or should I just save for the scIII

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
What would the installed prices be comparing that to the full scIII kit. I have a ppe that will go to the 225 tune...would that be an option or should I just save for the scIII

Installed you'd be looking at 2800.00. This kit is not for the hot rodder with a PPE tune that's going to flog it hard every day. This is for the guys running an Edge or Banks type power that play a little and want extra insurance that the Alli will live. It will hold more than 450 hp but it's not designed to.

02freighttrain

Team Salad Bartender
Aug 13, 2006
sootville, Fl

Sounds like a great upgrade for,to mention a couple, the people who tow heavy on occasion and also for a work stock sled puller.

Nice option and thanks for making it a little easier for some people to upgrade to a level (which, I believe;)) will handle a lot more than 450.

This has got to do well in 4lo, on a non-4th gear sled puller.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I had a hunch I could find out more info on here! Looks good Mike. Are you gonna make it a modular style kit?

Since this is a mini SC 3 kit it will be modular. You can mix or match. Never thought about the PR tool. Guess we better include it. Thanks for bringing that up.

hhhsharps

May 24, 2008
Mike...

Help me out w/ a tech question...what is a PR tool and I'm not sure why you would use the 14 single sided Alto C-1's? Is it a matter of space in the C-1 pack and spreading the torque over more surface area?

Great job....but you already know how I feel about this project.......:D

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas

Price will be 1822.00

Mike
Thanks for the kit for us financially challenged members. Will there be a similar kit for the 6-speed? Also, since I know very little about converters how does your converter differ from the stock converter?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike...

Help me out w/ a tech question...what is a PR tool and I'm not sure why you would use the 14 single sided Alto C-1's? Is it a matter of space in the C-1 pack and spreading the torque over more surface area?

Great job....but you already know how I feel about this project.......:D

In the '01/'05 5 speed Alli's the C1 piston does not center itself on the clutches and therefore never gives you 100% of usable clutch surface area. Same with the C2 clutch. Both these clutches only give you 50% usable area so under hard usage they tend to fail prematurely. The reason behind the 14 single sided clutches is they have a thick apply plate at the bottom which gives us better than 75% usable working area and less distortion and they run cooler. That means you can do a booste launch and not hurt it as you would with stock clutches.

The 6 speed version is coming next and won't take long to develop.
As`far as the converter, it will be much stronger than stock and have more clutch surface area and have a billet cover. Suncoast used to make this converter and stopped a few years ago because of the triple clutch They had no failures with the single disc but no one wanted one anymore. This kit will hold very well.

wilsonck

May 8, 2008
Calgary, Ab
since you say it is a 2/3 kit, what is missing other than having a single instead of triple converter? From suncoasts site, it doesn't appear that a SCIII includes the boost valve, does the SCIII have C4's where as this doesn't.... I have never found a list of what all is contained in the SCIII package.

thanks

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
but the question is. Does it include custom TCM tuning?

Looks good Mike :D

We are gonna be pulling one of my firneds tranny's (40,000 miles with an Aurora 5000 on a stock pressure'd transgo/triple disc :eek: ) this summer and we'll definetly be giving you a call about this. :cool:

Steve O

Apr 13, 2008
Mooresville, NC
Good work ;)

I've got about 50 PR tools that I can ship out, or back to SC :D

Yeah, I have a bunch too.. :)

------------

I haven't done a SC3 in a long time but IIRC Mike is taking out the C4 clutches but is giving you a PR shim from the SC4. Stock steels I assume?

His new kit should work very nice with the 150 Edge or equivlant :)

What converter did Ron come up with Stock ratio or something different? 1056 single?
I remember when the Single was available but like you said they never sold..

Thanks,

Trotorx2

Sep 21, 2006
Beaumont, Texas
but the question is. Does it include custom TCM tuning?

Looks good Mike :D

We are gonna be pulling one of my firneds tranny's (40,000 miles with an Aurora 5000 on a stock pressure'd transgo/triple disc :eek: ) this summer and we'll definetly be giving you a call about this. :cool:

Where is the stiring the pot smiley when you need it :p

The 6 speed version is coming next and won't take long to develop.
As`far as the converter, it will be much stronger than stock and have more clutch surface area and have a billet cover. Suncoast used to make this converter and stopped a few years ago because of the triple clutch They had no failures with the single disc but no one wanted one anymore. This kit will hold very well.

Thank you Mike. :cool:

wilsonck

May 8, 2008
Calgary, Ab
hey Mike, don't know if it is a typo or not, but your kit here does not mention Transgo shift kit. whereas on DP, you said it was included.