Need tuner advice

RJC2

Mar 9, 2015
Hey guys, new member here trying to educate myself. I have a question about turners. My buddy has a 2003 Duramax (not sure what engine letter prefix that is) with 94K on it. He wants to put a tuner on it. He is an older guy with no computer skills so he asked me if I'd go online and find out what tuner would be best for him.
He isn't looking to run the quarter mile or anything like that. He's a farmer and would like to just set it on one setting and not worry with it again. A bit of extra power would be nice and if it's possible better MPGs.

Anyway, I'd appreciate your help.

jgallagher450

Oct 3, 2014
Graham, Wa
He's got a lb7 engine. Most of us run efi live but that sounds a little more than he'd want. Could get a edge with a display or a hypertech or some kind of hand held programmer

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Or just flash in an eco/tow tune with an auto Cal and be done.

Or get a used edge box and don't turn up too much. Plus you get gauges then.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Theres a bunch of different tuners that will do an exchange ECM as well to keep costs down. I believe RIDGERUNNER is still doing this, and quite a few others. It's one way to keep costs down, while getting a custom tune that is better than a canned one.

RJC2

Mar 9, 2015
Thanks for all the response guys. I guess I need to speak with John as that sounds like a good deal. He doesn't want to mess with the thing, just put it in and drive it. Is there a website for him?

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Thanks for all the response guys. I guess I need to speak with John as that sounds like a good deal. He doesn't want to mess with the thing, just put it in and drive it. Is there a website for him?

Kennedydiesel.com

He can be kinda set in his ways haha but hes good.

also, give Tony at Ridgerunner a call, he's real good too. Just google him.