Need to vent!!!

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
so am i the only person who is tired of the 2.6 class and their lenient rules on running larger than 2.6 chargers with (machined covers). somethin needs to give either they need to be banned or a new inbetween class needs to b made. i seem to be in limbo between work stock and 2.6 . if i run work stock it ends up bein a a hassle cause someone always cries. when i run 2.6 i am competitive but far out matched to win against 2.8 and even a couple 3.0 trucks with bull---- machined covers which is just a mutation of the no bushing rule. although i can respect interpreting the rules to push the limits somethin needs to b done.

Last edited:

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
i comend you for moving up, their are alot of guys in workstock with turbos that like to beat up on the rest of the class, atleast you have the nuts to move up, i really dont understand why organizations allow machined covers it makes no sense to me either, have you tried talkin to the organizers of the pull and ask them if they understand the meaning of a machined raced cover

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
not yet cause u know i am that guy that never bitches even when i know a person is cheating. i deal with it all the time if i do well people cry and immediately it is (tear his truck apart)!!! but it is gettin ridiculous i pull for mostly fun and of course the competitiveness but i am gettin to the point were i am investing to much money to get my truck competitive and it does no good when u r matched with these trucks with monster chargers.. there should b a 2.6 class and a "cheater" 2.6 class...

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
"machined race cover " is just another way of saying bushing without saying a charger has a bushing thats it!!!

MrUPS

Mar 18, 2009
Northwest Pa
I know exactly what you're talking about. I agree 100%. Something needs to be done. I have two thoughts. The first is change to a spec turbo. Something that is very streetable for the guys who are daily drivers but still allows guys to make some big power with other adders. The second though is make a new class for the smaller guys. The problem with that is guys are going to "cheat" in the new class eventually too. I really think either a spec turbo for the 2.6 class or a new class with a smaller spec turbo is the way to go. Just my .02

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
i am pretty positive in my area i am the only guy (there might b one other) that uses his truck on a daily basis and competitively pulls also with it. and i agree cheating always evolves, but it is somethin to b expected and a lil cheatin here and there is fine with me its almost like a game , but when trucks r puttin 20 feet on ya it is beyond cheating. cheating to get 3 feet is on thing . blowin the competiion out of the water by 20 plus feet is another.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
so am i the only person who is tired of the 2.6 class and their lenient rules on running larger than 2.6 chargers with (machined covers). somethin needs to give either they need to be banned or a new inbetween class needs to b made. i seem to be in limbo between work stock and 2.6 . if i run work stock it ends up bein a a hassle cause someone always cries. when i run 2.6 i am competitive but far out matched to win against 2.8 and even a couple 3.0 trucks with bull---- machined covers which is just a mutation of the no bushing rule. although i can respect interpreting the rules to push the limits somethin needs to b done.

Welcome to my world ppl say im crazy when I say you have to be 600 horse to be able to compete in workstock around here but I will say battle of bluegrass did make there workstock class this year to were you have to run the stock unmodified factory turbo and they let the fords run there stock twins but there is alot of 3.0 built trucks around here with a 2.8 turbo that has a 2.6 cover on them you either have to go all out and just build a truck out the ass to play or just get your butt kicked

duramaximizer

#1 Abuse Enabler ;)
May 4, 2008
Edgerton, Ohio
I am with you....but I am on the other end. I am "work stock" some call it "street stock" (stock charger) and I am competing with S400's, dual fuelers injectors rods cams etc and among other things dual wheels. It's getting old. So far I am still holding my own based on setup. I got 3rd. But it's rough real rough. I seem to get lucky cuz they break and get DQ'ed or don't make it off the line or something stupid. I have a hard enough time with my short little RCLB wheel base esp when I can't hang weight.:(

I am not one to complain either. Just agreeing. I see the same thing you see when they divide up the classes it's comical because the 2.6 trucks pull workstock and 2.6 the 2.8 and 3.0 guys pull 2.6 and then pull 2.8. The only thing that's getting better is that the 2.8 guys are getting to the point that they don't want to run twice. Which is a good thing. Some as usual don't care.

The only difference around here rule wise between a WS truck and a 2.6 truck is dual fuelers. WS has become "stock appearing" which is BS. I already told them not to tech anyone but the winners and take WS back to true stock turbo class. It's not that hard to pull the intake off of a duramax. Anything else that is in the top of a WS class is most likely not anything near stock.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
i am pretty positive in my area i am the only guy (there might b one other) that uses his truck on a daily basis and competitively pulls also with it. and i agree cheating always evolves, but it is somethin to b expected and a lil cheatin here and there is fine with me its almost like a game , but when trucks r puttin 20 feet on ya it is beyond cheating. cheating to get 3 feet is on thing . blowin the competiion out of the water by 20 plus feet is another.

I don't agree with you here. You pulling WS is cheating since you changed turbos. That is cut and dry against the rules. People using an S400 in 2.6 because the rules allow it are not cheating. I built a truck just for pulling as I know in Ohio a street driven truck will not compete in 2.6 (and calling 2.6 a street class is a joke - people need to get that out of there vocabulary). I may not be "competing" in 2.6 but I'm making progress and I'm gonna keep trying to get there rather than try to change the rules in my favor to get me there. You can't change the class because you refuse to build a truck to take advantage of the rules. I know 2.6 got out of hand this year but I'm tired of all the rules changing every year!

One good thing in all of this is that I have seen more places adding workstock back to the pulls and more of that needs to be done. Hopefully next year more places will continue to add them.

Just my 2 cents.;)

duramaxxin73

Mar 5, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
The only thing I see wrong with the 2.6 class is that everyone needs to agree on the same turbo rule. That way you don't have to buy a different turbo to run in Indiana, or Kentucky, or Ohio.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
I don't agree with you here. You pulling WS is cheating since you changed turbos. That is cut and dry against the rules. People using an S400 in 2.6 because the rules allow it are not cheating. I built a truck just for pulling as I know in Ohio a street driven truck will not compete in 2.6 (and calling 2.6 a street class is a joke - people need to get that out of there vocabulary). I may not be "competing" in 2.6 but I'm making progress and I'm gonna keep trying to get there rather than try to change the rules in my favor to get me there. You can't change the class because you refuse to build a truck to take advantage of the rules. I know 2.6 got out of hand this year but I'm tired of all the rules changing every year!

One good thing in all of this is that I have seen more places adding workstock back to the pulls and more of that needs to be done. Hopefully next year more places will continue to add them.

Just my 2 cents.;)

I don't pull ws but it things don't change I may start. I agree in building your truck to get there that is what I am doing. However as I stated. A 2.8 or 3.0 charger with a 2.6 cover is not a 2.6 charger. So it does not belong in a 2.6 class. U can build all u want but in the end it will take a massive amount of money to compete with them and in my opinion u will never come out on top. Unless they all break down. I like the different variety of charger options being used just not the different sizes.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I get what yall are saying and I know you have to pay to play in sled pulling but its getting to were the poor man cant have fun anymore our local pulling club dont have a workstock class anymore everything is 2.6 you cant take regular old trucks slap a programmer on it and weight box and have fun anymore now you have to buy $2000+ turbo, $3000+ transmission, $1000 injectors, the best tuning money can buy, $5000 worth of rods/pistons.

It does take alot of fun out it when you take your daily driver and go to the fair with just some stock truck with a edge or superchip on them and have to compete agent a dodge with a $7000 trans and everything schieds can throw into one.

Just like there is some guys up the road here that are now getting there ford 08 f450 with a cummins back from schieds and rumor has it that they have $100,000 in this truck and this truck is a 2.6 dont that just sound fun to have to compete agent in front of your friends and family

Last edited: