Need suggestions

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
It's done because the dsp files only have a few tables to mod. And every limiter/table you don't have access to would reference the base tune. so you'd want your big tune the base tune so you know you will have all the performance limiters max and mins in check. All for performance reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense ^^ I know from personal experience the 3 Tuners I have used in the past Tunes all Default to the highest setting.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It's done because the dsp files only have a few tables to mod. And every limiter/table you don't have access to would reference the base tune. so you'd want your big tune the base tune so you know you will have all the performance limiters max and mins in check. All for performance reasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty easy to set the limiters where they would be on a race tune but still have the fueling, boost, timing, etc set where it would be on something like a tow tune.

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
Ok here is the issue I'm having right now, I can't find a uninstall or return to factory settings on my edge juice with attitude. I spoke with a automotive tech and he said I can't uninstall the juice and keep the attitude monitor, I'll have to completely remove the programmer and egt probe, than purchase edge insight for gauges.. has anyone else heard of this??

mac2881994

Oct 17, 2009
I have an edge attitude with juice monitor installed in my truck. I am also running Idaho Rob tunes with a DSP5 switch. I have my edge set to level 0 which is stock and use it just for gauges and have not had any issues. I have been running it this way for about 20K miles.

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
I was told this can mess with timing.. that is what my plan was until I called and spoke with alligator performance tech guy.. I'm going to try and call ppei directly and see if they have suggestions.. a new monitor is 430 and seems anymore edge juice w/ attitude is a out dated programmer no one wants

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Ya the stock setting isn't really stock, but I doubt it's really an issue unless your on a Max Effort tune.

At some point I would get rid of the edge and get some real gauges though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
I sent an email to ppei, and they responded this morning.. they said even on setting 0 or stock the programmer will still add timing, also if you mess with the programmer and accidently turn it to another setting it could potentially erase efi live off the ecm, said safest thing is remove the programmer and sell it and buy insight

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Erase it.... doesnt the attitude just intercept the signals to the ecm and mod them. I don't think it does anything to the ecm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Idahodmax

Dec 22, 2015
If you load the edge and set it to stock it will delete the EFI tuning out of the truck when it loads into it. The best thing would be to sale the EDGE and purchase the Insight monitor.

That was justins response to the matter

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you load the edge and set it to stock it will delete the EFI tuning out of the truck when it loads into it. The best thing would be to sale the EDGE and purchase the Insight monitor.

That was justins response to the matter

The Edge Juice with Attitude will not erase EFILive tuning. You might not be able to load the tune with the Edge hooked up, but once the EFI tune is loaded, you can hook the Edge back up and it will not be able to erase the tune. I've heard rumors that the Edge will add timing even on the stock/0 setting, but I would have to hear it from an Edge programmer to believe it as gospel.