need some ideas on good A/t tires

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
One time on the dyno with brand new dune grapplers. The treads started flying out.

Be that way as it may I don't believe a Dyno is a opportune time to evaluate a tires performance. I have nothing for or against this brand of tire I was curious to what you posted.

On a dyno verses street it's not like the street has a brake that is creating resistance to a rolling force. I've seen my Michelin tires at the time have a thread dust on the ground behind the drum of a Superflow dyno from when the tire was losing traction. So unless you have a real gummy tire or it isn't strapped down enough any tire could lose traction on a dyno IMO.

I was hoping you were gonna come back with I was puttin SO much power to the ground the the sum-beech'in tire just disintegrated! :eek: :rofl:

boss760

Mar 8, 2010
Clarkrange, TN
Be that way as it may I don't believe a Dyno is a opportune time to evaluate a tires performance. I have nothing for or against this brand of tire I was curious to what you posted.

On a dyno verses street it's not like the street has a brake that is creating resistance to a rolling force. I've seen my Michelin tires at the time have a thread dust on the ground behind the drum of a Superflow dyno from when the tire was losing traction. So unless you have a real gummy tire or it isn't strapped down enough any tire could lose traction on a dyno IMO.

I was hoping you were gonna come back with I was puttin SO much power to the ground the the sum-beech'in tire just disintegrated! :eek: :rofl:

I only made 964 HP. My bfg and stock tires did just fine on the dyno. Nittos Quit at 600 something and broke loose. Nitto was the one that told me they would work for my truck, and talked me in to buying them. They knew what I was going to do with them. I'm sure they are fine for a stock truck.

Dec 2, 2006
TN

I believe he actually was.... ;) :D

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I only made 964 HP. My bfg and stock tires did just fine on the dyno. Nittos Quit at 600 something and broke loose. Nitto was the one that told me they would work for my truck, and talked me in to buying them. They knew what I was going to do with them. I'm sure they are fine for a stock truck.

You "only" made 964? Lets see a 6600 pound truck 964 hp and possibly improperly straped truck, ad high load and high wheel speeds and somthin has to give... I am no Nitto fan, I use Hankook, BFG, Firestone but to say a tire is crap because tread started to fly off of them. I smoked the tires on the dyno last time I ran the truck wasn't tight enough and there was dust on the tires hit the throttle and went up in smoke with only 437 hp and 1051 tq.

When we used to go muddin we chunked tires (threw tread lugs off) all the time, same deal alot of weight power and wheels speed with alot of wheel speed.