Need some help.

Lewis

Dec 26, 2013
Savannah georgia
Hi guys new to the site, and the diesel world,have been reading a lot of post witch has helped me a lot but still hitting a dead end. I have a 2002 lb7 that I bought from a guy that just quit driving it. Sat for 4 years in woods behind his house. I bought the truck and I think that mite have been a mistake. Since I have put new cp3 pump, ecm, fuel filter and filter head, new injectors,maf and still have no power. Still has slite surge and just don't seem to be getting the power it had the first week I got it. Not sure what els I could do dealership is no help! Have no way right now to check rates or fuel presure right now. Have a cheap scanner that pulled a po700 cleared it and it has no returned. I'm lost and at wits end with this thang. Any help or pointers would be greatly apreseated.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Have you dropped the tank and checked the pickup? I just dropped the tank in one that sat for some time and was doing the same thing when they started driving again. Fuel pickup was full of black algae.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Lewis

Dec 26, 2013
Savannah georgia
I took the tank out when first got the truck cleaned it and put back that is when all the problems started. When we put it back in it would not start unless we sprayed a little starting fluid to it. Took it to shop said I needed new cp3 pump. That did not work. Dealer ship said need new ecm and fuel filter head. Did that still no start. Took it to another shop where they took out new cp3 tested it, tested good. Was told need new injectors. I let them install 8 new ones and the truck was alive agin. Just don't got the pull it once had.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Truck runs and drives fine now? Your just thinking it doesnt have as much power as it did before?

SteveLBZ06

Jan 6, 2013
Central MA
Maybe the old ECM had a tune on it and the new one doesn't? Do you still have the old ECM ? Have you driven a stock duramax for comparison?

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Maybe the old ECM had a tune on it and the new one doesn't? Do you still have the old ECM ? Have you driven a stock duramax for comparison?

Thats exactly where my thought process was at also. Sounds like the op needs to get ahold of a vendor on here and throw some efi on that son of a gun.

SteveLBZ06

Jan 6, 2013
Central MA
yea sounds to me like whatever fuel was in it when first ran probably clogged the injectors and changing them did in fact fix the truck. changing the cp3 and ecm added more variables and made it harder to narrow down but in the mean time probably dropped the power level a significant amount by putting it back to stock tune. I know my work lly feels extremely sluggish and even broken compared to my tuned lbz...

Lewis

Dec 26, 2013
Savannah georgia
Seems to run fine has small surge you can hear at idal and yes just don't have the power it had when I first got it. Like its just not getting the fuel it should. Drove my buddies truck 03 lb7 and there's a big differance. Feels like I'm driving with the parking brake on. Once I get to 3/4th gear you can feel it wanting to power back up a go. Put boost gage in boost is around 20/23 but just don't want to go. Once twice a week I pull a 10.000 pound macine it use to pull fine now it don't like to pull it so easy. I'm lost not sure what's going on and can't find a good reliable diesel macanic around my neck of the woods. They all just want to throw parts at it.

Lewis

Dec 26, 2013
Savannah georgia
It was a one owner truck. Got it from old man that used it as farm truck pushing and pulling cattle. All stock never been programed. Would love to program but need to get it right work out the kinks and then see what I can do to upgrade. Got the truck in may and have only got to drive it for 2 months now has been back and forth to shops for 5 months. And still can't get it right.

SteveLBZ06

Jan 6, 2013
Central MA
was the entire fuel system blown out completely before it was ran with the new filter? I dont know much about transmissions but i believe a tech 2 could read further into that p0700 if it comes back, maybe that has something to do with it

gmpat21

Oct 6, 2013
p0700

p0700 indicates there are trans faults stored in the TCM. possible trans issue? most likely theres more codes than what your scan tool lets u see

Lewis

Dec 26, 2013
Savannah georgia
Going to check and see if the po700 comes back up tomorrow has been two weeks sence I checked for codes if its back guess my next stop is trans shop to see if they can pull trans codes. My luck I'll have to rebuild it to.

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
I know there is a couple shops that seem legit with in four hours of you if you want to take it to some one. Dustin at diesel addiction is in wilmington NC, and Georgia diesel In lavonia.

gmpat21

Oct 6, 2013
p0700

you probably wouldnt have to go to a dedicated trans shop. most shops should have a scanner to pull the codes, command fuel pressure, watch balance rates etc. if you were closer id check it with mine.

Lewis

Dec 26, 2013
Savannah georgia
Thanks guys ill keep digging. If cant figure it out I'll have to make that 4 hour trip to Wilmington. Or sell this thang an start over this time with the lbz.