Need some help asap

01bluebullitt

Jul 24, 2016
So I got a 2005 lly a few weeks ago. Noticed some things weren't right but drove fine. So got it home and was looking and it had a destroyed driver side motor mount which was letting the motor sag. So I jack it up and replaced it. After replacing the mount I started getting a trans issue. I hooked it up to a solus pro and read the codes p0768. I can command solenoid d off and on with the scanner and it works just like the others. So I dropped the pan and changed both filters, everything looked clean. Went for a drive same thing, it's like it gets stuck in first gear it will down shift violently. So I start checking plugs. Rear main plug had some fluid in it so cleaned it out and filled with dielectric grease along with nsbu and tcm connections. Went for a drive same thing. So now I follow the harness and where it goes up to the Fuze box it must have been rubbing the intercooler pipe because there is a spot where the loom is rubbed completely through. But didn't see any damaged wires. So I zip tied the harness back out of the way and went for a drive. Shifted great through all the gears so I figured it was fine. Sits for a few days take a trip in town still working fine. Until yesterday I take my son and wife out to eat confident that it's working without issue. Drive it maybe 11 miles no hiccups. As soon as we leave it starts acting up. So I limp it home, start checking wires still don't find anything damaged. So after sitting a few hours I take it for another ride shifted fine until it's hot then literally can't get over 20 mph without it acting up. I'm stumped guys any ideas I'd greatly appreciate any and all help.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That really sounds like a wiring problem if moving the harness fixed it the first time. I would de-loom the harness and really inspect each wire for pinches or damage.

Sent from my FlashScan V2

01bluebullitt

Jul 24, 2016
So assuming a wire is damaged what causes the issue it contacting something else and grounding out? If the harness is put back in loom and taped it would isolate it would the issue continue?

01bluebullitt

Jul 24, 2016
Also when code is present going from drive to reverse there is a clunk. While clearing the code is makes a similar noise as well. I just pulled the rear plug again and it has trans fluid in it. Could this be the culprit?