LBZ: Need some advice

Prodiesel23

Apr 7, 2013
TN
For a few weeks now I've been getting the infamous P2563 and P003A. The weird part is if I push the plunger on the turbo very easily it will go to 100% on my cts2. When the vaines cycle it goes to 100% and down to 0% so I'm having a hard time believing it sticks at a certain point. If anyone has any ideas for me that would be great. 2006 lbz.

1TRIKHD

Country boy Limo.
Sep 15, 2015
P.N.W
Is your truck still performing up to your liking? I have had the P2563 code for awhile and my truck still runs great. I just clear it and keep on trucking.

Prodiesel23

Apr 7, 2013
TN
Yea it's still running great. I just want to figure this out. I am thinking about a turbo upgrade so I guess now is a good time. What is everyone's thoughts on the Danville billet 68mm stg2R? Daily driver and weekend drag fun.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Yea it's still running great. I just want to figure this out. I am thinking about a turbo upgrade so I guess now is a good time. What is everyone's thoughts on the Danville billet 68mm stg2R? Daily driver and weekend drag fun.
Depends I suppose, you are talking about probably the best all around performance VGT available for the Dmax, kinda hard to go wrong with that one
What other mods do you have that would support this turbo and what are your goals

Prodiesel23

Apr 7, 2013
TN
Stock injectors now but going with 60 overs, FASS 150, s&b intake, efi by Idaho rob, Big Dipper transmission. Just wanting a fun daily driver nothing crazy.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
That's a good choice. You can always compound it too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Stock injectors now but going with 60 overs, FASS 150, s&b intake, efi by Idaho rob, Big Dipper transmission. Just wanting a fun daily driver nothing crazy.

So you have all that stuff already, efi, built trans, fass etc?
Or yore going to get it all, eventually, along with the injectors?

I get your turbo is possibly needing to be replaced, its just not an incredibly ideal time to do it without the supporting mods that will make a "performance turbo" really shine, and I don't know about you, but its not easy for me to come up with all the funds to lump a list of parts like that into one swoop...

If you're basically starting at ground zero, then I'd say skio the stg2R right now and maybe just rebuild the stocker with a better/bigger wheel, and really, I'd contact Russ (yellowchevy) and have him finesse your stock turbo into a hybrid beast.

I'm pretty sure 600whp is easily attainable with a modified stock charger! Save your coin for getting the rig set up for performance first, then get the performance, otherwise you're gonna be unsatisfied and chasing your tail

hipp11B

Apr 1, 2015
Georgia
If you have the supporting mods then hell yes! I love my Danville 68. However if your trans isn't built you deff need to do that first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Look at the 3794 as an option. Jason has one and I'm sure he likes it. I've got 3 stock trans lbz trucks that have one, marks tuning too. It's an awesome little charger with a lot of potential. It'll do more than your stock engine will handle with some extra fuel

Plus you get that bad ass whistle, just like all of the other turbos. With the benefit of it being cheaper by about $600. That's a free fass pretty much

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I I'd contact Russ (yellowchevy) and have him finesse your stock turbo into a hybrid beast.

I'm pretty sure 600whp is easily attainable with a modified stock charger! Save your coin for getting the rig set up for performance first, then get the performance, otherwise you're gonna be unsatisfied and chasing your tail

I have a stock turbo at Russell's now.. We are going to see how close to 600 we can get

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Look at the 3794 as an option. Jason has one and I'm sure he likes it. I've got 3 stock trans lbz trucks that have one, marks tuning too. It's an awesome little charger with a lot of potential. It'll do more than your stock engine will handle with some extra fuel

Plus you get that bad ass whistle, just like all of the other turbos. With the benefit of it being cheaper by about $600. That's a free fass pretty much

Yup, DP stg2 3794 w/Marks tune, the turbo sings and the truck rips!
(For a stock bottom end truck :) )

I have a stock turbo at Russell's now.. We are going to see how close to 600 we can get

Keep us posted on this, k!
I have all the mods done except for injectors

Then by all means, slap the bigger charger in there, but Id get injectors as soon as possible, bcuz I bet you'd be surprised at how much is left on the table when you couple stock sticks with a bigger charger...