Need help with garage wiring.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Just put a dual 30 in there. After compressor is full impact acts like it's not getting enough air with regulator set on 125 psi lol if it's not one thing it's another. Thanks fellas.

kiwilml

Nov 4, 2015
A 1/2" drive impact needs 1/2" hose, with 1/2" fittings, you have may enough pressure but volume is what you're lacking. FWIW even a 3/8" drive impact does better with 1/2" hose and fittings....
I can agree with this.. We run 1/2" in our shop and our tool trailer and whenever I use a 3/8" somewhere else I can tell a decent bit of difference even with a 1/2" impact.. Get up to an 1" impact and it's a necessity then..

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Everything is brand new. I thought I bought a 1/2" line but it's 3/8. I'll keep that for my die grinders and stuff. Plan on using a reel with half inch once I get back to work.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Our entire shop uses 3/8" air hoses.. Except for the 1" hose to the big truck air gun.

We run about 180 psi and have zero issues with air guns keeping up.. Our tire and lube section has 6 air hoses with air guns attached 98% of the time.

If you'll buy hyd rubber line it'll last longer than normal air hose because it's not as venerable to oils. We might get 2-3 months out of a normal air line where we get 2-3 years out of an hyd style hose before we have to splice it where someone sat the lift down on it and cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Put a 1/2" 50 foot hose on it and still have the same problem. Can hold the socket with the gun all the way up and stop it from spinning. My regulator is a cheap eBay one that's 3/8" in and out. Could the regulator be the problem.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Put a gauge on the end of the hose to see what you're getting for pressure. Then run the gun and see how it looks.

Try a different gun or different compressor?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Take off the regulator and turn the compressor pressure down for now. Try it that way to rule out the regulator

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Our entire shop uses 3/8" air hoses.. Except for the 1" hose to the big truck air gun.

We run about 180 psi and have zero issues with air guns keeping up.. Our tire and lube section has 6 air hoses with air guns attached 98% of the time.

If you'll buy hyd rubber line it'll last longer than normal air hose because it's not as venerable to oils. We might get 2-3 months out of a normal air line where we get 2-3 years out of an hyd style hose before we have to splice it where someone sat the lift down on it and cut it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! Its not the 3/8 line. I never use smaller than a 1/2" regulator, your 3/8 regulator may be the restriction. Try taking your gun to a local tire or mechanic shop and asking if they will test your gun on their air supply before spending any extra money just to find out you got a bum impact straight out of the box.