Need help from anybody with a dually....

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Need some info, ran into some problems today :(

Need to know how many leafs you guys have in your spring packs (3 stages bottom to top) i have 1-5-4

How long your u-bolts are i have 12.5" (too short by an inch or so) :(

And need pictures of your overload bumpers (apparently there are different ones) :(

Thanks everybody, I will be posting up a diy for my little project when i get all these issues worked out.

chevy_dmax

Apr 30, 2008
Gladstone, MO
I'll see if I have time tonight to craw under and count and measure before dark....

Bill.

edit: 1st pic is passenger side rear of axle, 2nd is passenger side front of axle, 3rd is driver side rear of axle (mud flap hanger in the way), 4th picture is driver side front of axle. 5th pic is tape on my ubolt, mine are right at 12 inches.

Sorry for crappy pic's, I hope they are good enough for you to see what you want.

Bill.

Attachments

• DSC00370.JPG
    DSC00370.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC00373.JPG
    DSC00373.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00374.JPG
    DSC00374.JPG
    290.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC00375.JPG
    DSC00375.JPG
    296 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00377.JPG
    DSC00377.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

MrUPS

Mar 18, 2009
Northwest Pa
Ok you must have something different than me. I have 1-5-2 for the springs and 12" bolts. The one big spring on the bottom and the 5 smaller ones are all together though. Hope this helps. 03 crew dually 4x4

zfuller123

StarLite Diesel
Sep 2, 2006
Utah
www.starlitediesel.com
I like the warrior without the stickers. Mines got all the stickers down the sides... hard to keep looking nice after you've had it for a year and actually taken it out. Solid white looks better....

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
thanks for the pictures!!!! huge help, i working on finding the dually overload brackets right now. and will just have a spring shop make me custom u-bolts, gonna need 14-14.5!!!!

nick, yep that was me, everything i got at he junk yard was off a cab and chassis, and i assumed that everything would bolt up :( oh well live learn adapt and overcome!! :) pm sent

Last edited:

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
you have a 2500 and the pics posted are for a 3500.

......thats the idea...... i asked for pictures of a dually, hence the title....

i have a guy checking if he still has his bumpstops right now, hopefully he does still have them.

this is going to be phase one of my 1 ton conversion. phase two with involve becoming a true dually or suburban quadrasteer flares and super singles. i have most of the part numbers for the super singles conversion already. including e rated tires :D which i've only found one company that makes them in a reasonable size. i will have pics of the springs and shocks upgrade in the diy. wheels and tires upgrade will depend on when i get another part time job. :(

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
......thats the idea...... i asked for pictures of a dually, hence the title....

i have a guy checking if he still has his bumpstops right now, hopefully he does still have them.

this is going to be phase one of my 1 ton conversion. phase two with involve becoming a true dually or suburban quadrasteer flares and super singles. i have most of the part numbers for the super singles conversion already. including e rated tires :D which i've only found one company that makes them in a reasonable size. i will have pics of the springs and shocks upgrade in the diy. wheels and tires upgrade will depend on when i get another part time job. :(

Sorry I got confused with the 2500/ 3500 thing and then you started talking about chassis cabs:hmm: Ill let you be sorry:angel:

John Noonan

Land Speed bike racer
Sep 24, 2008
Huntington Beach Cal.
Need better brakes! !

I have a question or three, we have a 2003 Crew Cab LB 2500HD and pull a triple Axle 36' trailer (loaded trailer!) I am looking in to better brakes for it like larger rotors, better pads and lines..? Perhaps the parts from a larger Chevy 3500?

Any ideas..?

John