Need help diagnosing

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Seans 07 kinda hangs like that when you stab it, much different than the throttle response of my LLY, but it did that on the stock tune as well so I assumed it was an LBZ thing :confused:

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
I wonder what if anything can be done to the LBZ to reduce smoke? The loss of power so far hasn't happened again since the blocker plate. My big goal now is to figure out how to smoke less.

I am not an EFI live guru by any means. What would reducing the amount of fuel do? My other thought is to add air but then I may end up with more than the Allison can handle.

Here's a run down of each:
Tow tune runs great and smoke is almost non existent.
100hp tune smokes pretty bad at 1/2 throttle and above.
150hp tune smokes like a freight train.
Economy tune doesn't smoke but have trouble using it as the fun factor disappears.
Stock tunes is great. I pulled 11-12k pounds two weekends ago and it was flawless.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I wonder what if anything can be done to the LBZ to reduce smoke? The loss of power so far hasn't happened again since the blocker plate. My big goal now is to figure out how to smoke less.

I am not an EFI live guru by any means. What would reducing the amount of fuel do? My other thought is to add air but then I may end up with more than the Allison can handle.

Here's a run down of each:
Tow tune runs great and smoke is almost non existent.
100hp tune smokes pretty bad at 1/2 throttle and above.
150hp tune smokes like a freight train.
Economy tune doesn't smoke but have trouble using it as the fun factor disappears.
Stock tunes is great. I pulled 11-12k pounds two weekends ago and it was flawless.

Your running out of the efficiency of the turbo on those big tunes. Im sure steve could scale back the smoke but HP is gunna go with it or drive pressure will sky rocket. I dont know what this "100hp" and "150hp" consists of for fuel amounts but if we are talking some high injector pulsewidths, there is only so much that can be done unless you add more air.

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
Understood. I really don't to throw anymore power to the truck until I upgrade the guts of the transmission. Wife and kids are claiming that the new pool is more important than the truck. I think they need some priority prioritization :D

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
Steve - I emailed the log file to you. The door chime or "beep" only happens when I go over 2500 rpms. I did this several times while logging.

I also have a list that I want you to price for me.

thanks

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Has anyone else ever experienced a beep or chime while driving? I can't say that I have ever heard of this! :confused:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
maybe i missed it but Fatboy, have you tried loading the 100% stock tune and seeing if the chime and hanging rev go away?

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
okay. didn't happen on stock or tow tune. Only on 150 tune. I have swapped over to tow for now as there is no smoke and no beep. What tables would I need to modify to experiment on taking fuel levels down to reduce smoke and keep as much power as possible? If I do that am I going to end up at "tow" hp?