Need help diagnosing

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
log file

okay. Here's the latest scan file. The truck didn't smoke like it has been but it isn't exactly acting like normal either. At the end of the file I gave a little extra throttle and it still smokes like a chimney.

Attachments

• Log_0005.zip
    295.6 KB · Views: 10

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
Here we go. The boost looks super high to me. At idle if I rev the truck it seems to hang at higher RPMs and then the buzzer in the truck beeps at me.

Attachments

• Log_0006.zip
    289.9 KB · Views: 6

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Here we go. The boost looks super high to me. At idle if I rev the truck it seems to hang at higher RPMs and then the buzzer in the truck beeps at me.

Max boost you hit in that log is 29.7psi, which is well within the safe range.

Tell me more about that buzzer :confused:

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
After some reading I realize that I have to do a little math on the boost. buzzer only happens on a tune and when revved up to 2500 rpms or so. It will "beep, beep, beep" and then go away. That's about how long the rpms hang too. If in stock mode nothing of the sort happens. I got my blocker plate in and sprayed the bolts at lunch with liquid wrench and will put the blocker plate on this evening.

Do you see anything in the tune that would cause so much smoke to roll or is that possibly from the EGR too?

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
Blocker plate is in and now at half throttle there is much less smoke and the buzzer/hanging revs are gone. Still tons of smoke at 3/4 throttle.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
By buzzer do you mean like the door chime? Never heard of that before :confused: strange.

Is it smokey on the stock tune and tow tune also or just the larger tunes?

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
Stock has no smoke except when at full throttle and it is just for a second and then gone. Tow is the same. Bigger tunes have progressive more smoke. I have read guys who say they are running 150hp tunes with no or nearly no smoke. I don't care to cover the road with smoke if I can help it.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Shouldn't really be any smoke coming from the stock tune, ill send you an updated tune here in a second, check your email in 10 mins. :thumb:

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah
Trust me Steve will you get you running good, He helped me and wasn't even his tuning. I will be making the trip to him for live tuning.

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
I have it but with softball tournaments all day and a wedding this evening it may be Monday before I get to drive my truck again.

Fatboy

I need a $$ tree!!
Feb 15, 2013
Newnan, GA
Okay. Blocker plate is in. New tune loaded. I have put a video of the throttle hanging. I am just doing a quick tap of the accelerator and it is hanging with no beep now. Still very smoky on max tune at 1/2+ throttle. Negative on video. It won't let me attach. Steve I emailed it to you.