LLY: Need help deciding 366 or 472

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Well I half hijacked Veeate's s475 thread so I figured I should start my own.. I need to decide what turbo I'm having put on my truck. I was set in stone on a batmowheel s466 but I can't get one for another 5 weeks or maybe more.

So now I am between a batmo 366 on a t4 or a batmo 472 (.90). My trucks a DD at heart. I might pull a little with it and I'm sure i'll make a few passes at the track. But I drive a lot and I want a good fun driving street truck. Cost is the same on both of these setups because its getting custom built either way. I really like the stoutness of the 400 series turbo, and usual man logic tells me that bigger is better :thumb:.

Where I drive varies between 1000 and 2000 ft elevation, and I do tow from time to time in the summers. Have my 5k lb ski boat hooked up a lot, and I tow my buddies cars to shows sometimes. So as long as I can still get away with towing those things I'll be happy. I'm shooting for like 625hp or so. Something that will be safe on my bottom end (I drive hard but I don't beat the shit out of my truck). I will have .45 injectors, raptor 150, and an lbz reg on my cp3 fueling this thing.

I got all my eggs in one basket with this truck.. Its my DD and my only vehicle. I'm sure people are sick of me asking turbo questions I just NEED to make sure I get this right the first time. I want a fun DD that I enjoy the hell out of driving.

Btw I have a precision ml converter in my trans. Don't know if this will make much of a difference.

Last edited:

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
No real plans to twin.. Once it's done I am going to drive it like it is until I blow it up. At that point, I'll probably keep a single and turn it into a puller. Or I'd do a huge twin kit and put a 510 or something on top if I had the 472.. I'm not trying to stage it for anything in the future really, I just want what is best for now. Once I pay off student loans and I blow up my engine then I'll rethink everything and who knows.. Maybe try to build something insane.

VeeAte

going for 10s
Dec 7, 2010
ocean springs, ms
No worries on the hi-jack:D Honestly its really a toss up either one will get the job done for what your lookin to do. Its a tough choice but I'd probably do the 72 and be done with it. I've changed from stock,4094vvt,billet s366 to just now getting the batmo s475 and couldnt be happier.

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
I've changed from stock,4094vvt,billet s366 to just now getting the batmo s475 and couldnt be happier.

Yeah that is exactly what I can't afford to do hahaha. One and done. I am hoping to let Caleb know by early tomorrow so he can get a turbo ordered and get my truck back on the road.

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Headgaskets were already blown... I figured I would add the turbo kit while he was studding it/ fixing the heads to save $$ in the long run. I'd have probably went that way and stayed on stock injectors too had the heads not blown.

01LB7

Feb 18, 2010
Missouri
Headgaskets were already blown... I figured I would add the turbo kit while he was studding it/ fixing the heads to save $$ in the long run. I'd have probably went that way and stayed on stock injectors too had the heads not blown.

My bad I saw the 45% sticks but somehow read right over the part about the studs:eek: Since it's your money and not mine I would go batmo S475:D

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
My bad I saw the 45% sticks but somehow read right over the part about the studs:eek: Since it's your money and not mine I would go batmo S475:D

Its all good bud. No 475 here. I'm scared to pull the trigger on a 472, theres no way I am going to a 475.

I may do the batmo 472 although logic is telling me to get the 366. We'll see.

Not really looking to go with a garret turbo though. Trying to stick with bullseye and the batmowheel design.

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
See I had liked the idea of a 66 turbine in a 400 from with the 466. SO that 68 mm in a 400 sounds pretty cool to me. Idk, I am calling my builder this afternoon and figuring something out. I want my truck back. I know the batmo s472 can be here by monday.......... :angel:

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I started with the HTT S366 and loved the turbo (my only point of reference); I would put this turbo on any daily driver.

It just depends on what your goals are...I'm not convinced that anything over 600 hp is "safe" for the bottom end.

...from the guy with triples on stock rods:roflmao:

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
The S472 will drive nice and the power is fun , only time I find myself complaining is when i'm doing 55-65 mph , converter locked and rolling into it to pass some one , it comes up pretty quick and is fully functional , but its nice to be able to just hammer down and pass some one with out thinking too much or "preperation" , TCM tuning helps this but I dont always want to kick down a gear either , and the same issue is amplified when towing . I am kinda picky though due to running some many different setups .