need help, can't uninstall mini maxx

57ringo

Oct 4, 2015
Emporia ks
I bought an LMM with a bad engine that I have out and rebuilding now. I want to remove the Mini Maxx Tuner that's on the truck & sell it & buy an EFI Live. I posted on the H&S performance forum and they said it can be uninstalled with no engine in the truck as long as the ECM/TCM are connected and able to power up. I have a fully charged battery hooked up to the truck, ground wires from the harness and cab grounded, all lights come on when I turn the key on, the unit comes on but I keep getting this on the screen when I try to go back to the stock setting:

1A02 0090 000 0000
error 316
can bus receive error no data received

Any ideas what might be the problem?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I bought an LMM with a bad engine that I have out and rebuilding now. I want to remove the Mini Maxx Tuner that's on the truck & sell it & buy an EFI Live. I posted on the H&S performance forum and they said it can be uninstalled with no engine in the truck as long as the ECM/TCM are connected and able to power up. I have a fully charged battery hooked up to the truck, ground wires from the harness and cab grounded, all lights come on when I turn the key on, the unit comes on but I keep getting this on the screen when I try to go back to the stock setting:

1A02 0090 000 0000
error 316
can bus receive error no data received

Any ideas what might be the problem?

If its not talking with the can bus your not going to be able to return to stock. With the motor out most of the harness is not hooked up.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Try hooking up the glow plug controller. It's part of the can-bus and I bet you'll communicate then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk