Need efi live help

quacker.smacker

Sep 13, 2013
Galveston tx
Im new to the whole efi live thing an I installed a dsp5 switch and did everything it said to on

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/DSP Upgrade Tutorial - LB7-LLY.pdf

But i cant seem to figure out how to insert the tunes in the places where it says dsp program 1-4

Im stuck here
y4yzuba7.jpg

I dont know how to load the tunes into the places and cannot find any detailed or stupified version of how to do this. Any info helps.

Sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Your picture didnt load.

Im not really sure what your trying to say. Did you not run the scripts for the dsp tables? Do most of the dsp tables have the same number in all the boxes?

quacker.smacker

Sep 13, 2013
Galveston tx
I cant figure out how to do that.

It says to copy the tune i want into one of the dsp position but i cant figure out how to load the tune i got into the dsp spot

All 4 of the dsp tune spots have nothing in them is what i trying to say and i dont know how to load tunes in their place

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Once you get your stock tune into a dsp format on a lb7 or lly you have to then run scripts. Click edit in the top left corner. Scroll down to the bottom and click run script. Click open in the bottom left hand corner. Then select what script you wanna run. Click open. Then click run and your done. If you get an error message when the scripts are running you need to pick a different script and try again.

quacker.smacker

Sep 13, 2013
Galveston tx
So do i click on each dsp program number than go to edit and run the script i want for that dsp number than
Move to another dsp number and run a diffrent tune script?

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
No you only run scripts once as soon as you make the new tune. Then you dont have to run scripts again.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Ok what you need to do is pull up the stock tune, then click Upgrade OS, once it is successfully upgraded you need to save it. After you save click edit>run script>open files>and scroll through to find DSP5 Imperial and run it.

Last edited:

quacker.smacker

Sep 13, 2013
Galveston tx
Ok what you need to do is pull up the stock tune, then click Upgrade OS, once it is successfully upgraded you need to save it. After you save click edit>run script>open files>and scroll through to find DSP5 Imperial and run it.

That is what i did. But idk how to add the tunes i have saved into the dsp positions

quacker.smacker

Sep 13, 2013
Galveston tx
So your not trying to make your own tunes? What exactly are you trying to do then?

No i already have tunes made that my buddy sent me from his lly the ecms match so he said the tunes should work on my truck. Im trying to add the tunes into the dsp spots. Like if i was to turn the switch nothing happens everythin stays the same from position 1-5 but the voltage changes and the pins are in the correct spot

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
No i already have tunes made that my buddy sent me from his lly the ecms match so he said the tunes should work on my truck. Im trying to add the tunes into the dsp spots. Like if i was to turn the switch nothing happens everythin stays the same from position 1-5 but the voltage changes and the pins are in the correct spot

What's your cell number. Ill send you a video

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I think you are just getting a little side tracked as to what exactly the DSP5 is and how it works. You cannot put full tunes in these extra folders. They are simply extra sets or calibrations that modify the base file. Everything other than the tables available in the DSP slots will stay the same as the base file. They gave us everything that is imperative to power level tuning for the DSP, which allows us to change pulse, timing, pressure, etc.

You CAN however open these tunes you want in there and copy/paste all of the applicable tables into the dsp5 tune sections to effectively make a dsp5 tune with those other calibrations on it.

Sent from my iPhone.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I'm so confused :confused:

What he's trying to do is use scripts of other tunes to fill in the DSP slots. To my knowledge there is no way to do this.

And like posted above, the DSP files will only use the portions in the DSP listed, the rest will still be of the base file. You can go through and hack together different tunes into a DSP file, but without them all being based off of the same base files they may or may not work properly. This is why I use the same tuning style for all of my tunes, and tend to use the same base format for everything. This way if I have a need to convert it to a DSP, it will still work as I origanally designed it to with minimal adjustments. And in reverse I have some DSP files that some peopel just want 1 tune off of, so it makes it easy to break it down to a single tune file with an option to upgrade later to a DSP.