Need Advice/Instuctions on how to install 3" Belltech Lowering shackles on 05 2500HD!

Tookie

Dec 1, 2011
I am wanting to install my 3" Belltech Lowering Shackles on the rear of the truck before I Leave for work mid day tomorrow. I don't know alot about this stuff but I don't think it will be two hard but could use some instuction or advice to help speed things up for me trying to figure out how to do it. The shackles came with instuctions but not the best ones. I do know I will have to remove the Tow Hitch to remove the bottom bolts but how do I get to the top bolts and which ones do I take out and install first and how tight do I need to tighten the bolts up?ect? I will be doing this by myself. I got jack stands and a floorjack to work with and air tools avaliable but need to know where to place the jacks. Thanks in advance for the help. I will post pics and tell exactly how much the 3" lowered the rear of the truck when I get it done as I am hoping it will just lower the rear about 2"!

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
The rear will be lowered 3 inches. Some trucks you have to loosen the bed bolts to remove the top shackle bolt from over the frame.

Tookie

Dec 1, 2011
Well I was told the 3" would lower it just over 2" because it is only dropping one end of the leaf spring. I might order a set of belltech 2".
I hate to put the 3" on if it will drop it more than 2.5" but hate to put a 2" on if it doesn't drop it that much!

rickettzusaf

Nov 30, 2011
Goldsboro, NC
What I did when I put mine in was remove the tow package. Put the floor jack under the rear bumper in the center. Get the lower bolts removed, then I lowered the jack until the leaf spring top bolts went above the frame in between the bed. Loosen it up if you can prior so its easier and faster to get the bolt out. Reverse set up when installing. Do the top first but put the nut on the outside of the truck this time so it'll be easier to get too.