Need a builder/ advice in the PA area

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Hey guys, dont post much on here because I never really considered my truck worthy in the power department to even talk about stuff haha. But I've finally destroyed my trans with EFI. So I have been referred so far to look into crank it up diesel in Ohio, and Big Dipper in MD. Now, I was hoping to keep it in the $3k range, and Crank it up will do a stage 2 ATS for right around that. Now, my only issue with that is that id be worried about holding power. I am picking up an s475 very soon too, so I am planning twins. With that being said, I'm not sure the trans would be bulletproof. As for big dipper, I have had a million people tell me to look into him. It would be around $4k in that case. Another option I was considering picking up a trans kit from dmaxstore, and having a reputable builder closer to the Pittsburgh area install it for me. That would also keep me in the $3k price range I was shooting for. But I absolutely do not want to sacrifice quality for price, because I am no going to want to ever have this done again.

So any input would be awesome. Thanks in advance!

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
George is top notch. Don't waste your money on a cheaper build as it will cost twice that to have someone like George fix it when it breaks.

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
Go with George u will.be happy. And I believe he.can do a stage 3 around $3500 and if you pull the trans it can be cheaper. Have you called him.and talked about what you want to do?

millerman04

< The Man Cave
Jul 14, 2010
Clearville, Pa
Well y'all convinced me where to go when its time for mine. I believe he offered to a friend of mine to pick his truck up. He makes trips up this way some or somin like that. Whats a stage 3 trans capable of? Just out of curiousity?

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
Welp, my minds made up. Hah. I know I asked on the df too, but I'm just one of those people who over thinks shit and has to ask a million people.. Looks like I'll be giving him a call tomorrow. Never thought of ripping the trans out myself but I like the idea. Good friend of mine is a GM tech, has a lift, ect... So that really wouldn't be too much of a pain. Thanks for all the opinions though. :thumb:

HDdave

Nov 16, 2010
Wilmington, NC
I want it to be 700 hp capable. I really dont see me ever going much past that.. IF i ever get there.. but overkill never hurt anyone