Help: N York to Ont canada border crossing

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Ok,I need help from someone who can cross the border.I am buying a motor from the us and need to get it across,I don't have a passport or will they give me one:Dneither does the guy who I am buying it from.What we were talking about is both of us showing up at the border and finding a third person to cross and drop the motor.It will already be paid for just need it across.I will be taking care of duty or whatever fees plus the fee for the dirty.The closest border for both of us is Cornwall Ontario Canada and New york.It is a short block Duramax with a box of parts sooo prob 3-400 lbs .My # is 705-783-7051 and my name is Keith,Call anytime And Thanks to anyone who can help or point us in the right direction.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
So Keith, what happen with the rods? You going to build this short block ?

Well,i am still getting the rods and everything else with it,I'm getting a 40 over block ,40 over mahaul race casts,carrillos,3388 socal,main;s keyed everything,bacicly a built short block,it needs a new oil pump and bearings.I am sooo frickin happy this is going to happen but getting this thing home is the bottle neck.I really need some help with this one,After paying for the block I cant afford a shipping company to bring it home so I think this is the next bets thing.What do you think?

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Hope u got good deal on it and it is what the seller told you it was ... Is the crank ok? Why does it Need oil pump and bearings? I don't have a passport either Sorry.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
He found copper flakes in the oil after a change and suspects the oil pump let go and took the bearings out and was then parked for 2 yrs,He wants to drive his truck so it went back to stock and I am getting the block.As far as the crank I wont know until I tear down but if it needs one mine is at the machine shop getting keyed,if it doesn't need one then I have a spare.I am getting a deal of a lifetime and am vibrating,cant believe its all coming together but will have to wait until its in my truck before I start planning.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
Im crossing this weekend with some friends but will be in a car so I wont be much help, I do know a guy who crosses a lot but he crosses at the NY border.

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Good call on starting a thread Keith I hadn't thought of that. Gotta love the duramax community. I am the one selling the built shortblock for those who are questioning. I am just glad its going to go to a home that can finish what I started. I looked into the passport thing, but we are looking at 6-8 weeks for that to happen.

Rob, I can get the motor to the border no problem. I'd acutally like to see niagra falls as I havent been there since a kid so its a damn good excuse to get up there.

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Good call on starting a thread Keith I hadn't thought of that. Gotta love the duramax community. I am the one selling the built shortblock for those who are questioning. I am just glad its going to go to a home that can finish what I started. I looked into the passport thing, but we are looking at 6-8 weeks for that to happen.

Rob, I can get the motor to the border no problem. I'd acutally like to see niagra falls as I havent been there since a kid so its a damn good excuse to get up there.

Ya,i figured i could count on my second famillyfor help on this one.i knowthe motor came from a good home so Kris will see it hit the all mighty 1000HP.Thank you Kris!

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Don't know if i want to keep the twins or go to a big single.For now I have to deal with this border issue.Just made the final payment on this so its time to get creative with this,will drive anywere in Ontario to get r done.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
I'll post this on another forum I'm on. There's a ton of Canadian guys on there

Dmaxbro!

Nice DMax bro!!
Apr 20, 2014
Montreal
Inform yourself before you purchase that "used"motor as they will ask you all kinds of questions. Check serial #'s and make sure you have an invoice with it. Scrap yard invoice. Just some legit proof. And your good to go.