My Schied carnage

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Did I miss something why does the sig say Carrillo? An that's insane on stock long block but I'm still lost here:confused:

Matt has a built engine at home in the shop for the NHRDA world finals which is in about 28 more days,

For schieds event he just put a bone stock engine in with his S475, ats duel fuelers and NO2 and it lasted 7 passes down the drag strip :thumb:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Matt Matt Matt Matt....what am I gonna do with you? :rofl::rofl: You need to name your truck "Kamikaze Warfare"

Pretty dang cool that you ran a stock motor like that. The 6 guys you bested in qualifying were all probably thinking, 'WTF?"

Way to represent!

Last edited:

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
LOL!! You guys are funny as hell! For tech sake, here is how it went.....Shortly after the DPC, I cooked a piston(forged) at the local track. While we were(still are) rebuilding that engine, I picked up an 80,000 mi LB7 stocker and threw it in to mess around with. Ran the local track(5 or 6 passes), TS event(6 or 7 passes), I had boost leak issues and never really pounded on it there. NHRDA event at Thompson, Oh. Only made 1 pass, then got rained out. Then 4 passes at Schied. And naturally, a whole lot of street fun at home. Some of these passes were fuel only. Some were a little spray. And some were a little more spray:D. The death pass was the only time my tires have ever completly broke loose, so major over-rev is very possible. With Stuckey truck in my ear, I really didnt know I broke loose, until the truck finally started to float sideways. By then, it grabbed and just began to move before it popped. Big clunk, a little popcorn machine action, and then nicely coasted to a perfect stop, just past the line. Killing a perfectly good stock engine kind of sucks, but now I know what it takes:D. Oh well, on to the next adventure! See ya in Kansas.

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Can I get more info in the cooked mahe forged piston? I'm building almost the same setup......

Direct result of my nitrous habit(maxing out the 1600 egt guage as uaual), however, I really expected to get more passes than I did. My stock pistons made it more than a full season with pretty big spray.

The Funk

May 3, 2009
southern indiana
I'm wondering if a lbz would last a little longer sense they have a stronger bottem end if you could keep a piston form cracking. That is sweet you ran prostreet with a stocker and was doing good :thumb:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
I'm wondering if a lbz would last a little longer sense they have a stronger bottem end if you could keep a piston form cracking. That is sweet you ran prostreet with a stocker and was doing good :thumb:

You said it... the pistons most likely won't hold.