My new setup/motor

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
Looks like pure awesome. :drool: Out of curiosity are you running a girdle or billet main caps? I m trying to figure out what is all needed for my future build. I m wanting a very similar setup.

No to both. I feel there not needed for what I'm using the truck for. Now, if you were going to be racing every week is it a good idea hell yes.

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
Looks good man. :thumb: Did you use Burkett Racing?

I sure did. without getting into details Jeff saved my block. He explained what we should do and why to fix it. He also shared a lot of information with me on what has worked for him and what hasn't. If a lot of you haven't heard of him he has built some very hi h.p. Duramax motors. He also did the heads I will be running, I told him what my plans were and he suggested we go with a comp spring with standard retainers. He replaced everything and did a port and polish job that wasn't even on my invoice. Awesome guy to do business with and even cooler to just talk to:thumb:

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
I sure did. without getting into details Jeff saved my block. He explained what we should do and why to fix it. He also shared a lot of information with me on what has worked for him and what hasn't. If a lot of you haven't heard of him he has built some very hi h.p. Duramax motors. He also did the heads I will be running, I told him what my plans were and he suggested we go with a comp spring with standard retainers. He replaced everything and did a port and polish job that wasn't even on my invoice. Awesome guy to do business with and even cooler to just talk to:thumb:

Nice! I will contact him when I start my build.

Jackblack99

Oct 18, 2012
Nowhere
Hmm. Sorry if this is a dumb or newby question but, How does fire ringing work with aluminum heads? Im used to cummins. Didnt think a steel fire ring would be good on aluminum head