My new Duramax

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
attachment.php

I Well I put a down payment on a fully loaded brand new 2.8L Trailblazer.

I wont pick it up for a while, because I'm gone working now.

I'm not a huge fan on how it looks, but its a chevy diesel and should be a good ride.

Final price was 1.31 million THB or 37 000 USD.

here is a link to the Thailand GM Website:

http://en.chevrolet.co.th/cars/trailblazer/trailblazer-2016.html

Attachments

• chevrolet-thailand-bb-offer-tbzmy17.jpg
    chevrolet-thailand-bb-offer-tbzmy17.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 322
  • minimax.jpg
    minimax.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Cool truck, when's the cage going in it?:D

Never :roflmao:
Nice, Congrats Simon!

Thanks Albert, I ordered the black one

Cool truck Simon! How tough has it been to adjust to right-hand drive?

Its quite easy Tom, the only thing that gets me in the one car I drove here was the blinkers.....I would turn the window wipers on when turning a corner:D. The odd time I go to get in the passenger side of the vehicles too.

Its amazing how cheap the Colorados are here compared to what they want in the USA? A full loaded is around 20g. USD

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I just want a new duramax suburban!

Congrats! Looks like an awesome little car

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Those are nice. I wouldn't mind getting one for my wife.. We would b all diesel then. She has the 4cyl equinox now.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
So..., what are the importing laws/regulations :angel:

Not sure and its right hand drive. I know import fees are INSANE!!

I knew you'd be back Simon:hug:
not necessarily back Wade:hug:

Must be cheap to live there. So does that thing have the same motor as the Colorado?

Living here is cheap in a way, Some things are really cheap and some very expensive.

Things that are cheap:

Women
Beer
cigarettes
Women
water for the hose
housing
women
labor
thai food
fuel
women
medicine
insurance
KTM, Honda and Kawi bikes

things that are expensive:

Electricity!
Western beef
quality furniture
TVs and Stereo equipment
Ducati's
Harley Davidsons :mad:
Any luxury vehicles

As far as I know its the same motor, However the one's going to North America is more emission friendly and less HORSE POWA!

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Stole this from a website in Thailand:

GM Thailand begins production of 2.8L Duramax 4-cyl. turbodiesel engines slated for export to North America for use in U.S. and Canadian versions of the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon midsize pickup trucks.
Speaking at the event to celebrate the start of production for the North American-bound engines, GM Thailand and Chevrolet Sales Thailand Managing Director Marcos Purty says exporting the engines to the U.S. increases the Thai output and improves GM Powertrain Thailand’s economies of scale.
Engine shipments from Rayong to North America will start in the third quarter. Installation in the Colorado and Canyon at GM’s plant in Wentzville, MO, will begin later this fall.
The 2.8L is based on the same Duramax installed in the Colorado pickup and Trailblazer SUV available in Thailand and the region, says Watcharin Sayamrattanakit, GM Powertrain Thailand manufacturing director.
“This is solid proof and recognition that our product, built right here in Thailand to the highest standards, is of world-class quality and good enough to be in demand in one of the most competitive and demanding automotive markets in the world,” Sayamrattanakit says in a statement.
U.S. and Canadian customers will get the second-generation Duramax engines, which were engineered in Europe and the U.S. Because of emissions requirements and operating conditions in the U.S. and Canada, the export Duramax 2.8L will produce 181 hp and 369 lb.-ft. (500 Nm) of torque.
The engine features a water-cooled, variable-geometry turbocharger and common-rail fuel delivery system capable of injection pressures of up to 29,000 psi (2,000 bar). It also features an electronic engine control module fully developed by GM.
A balance shaft counter-rotates to cancel out vibrations and enhance smoother and quieter operation at all engine speeds, GM says.
In addition to compliance with U.S. emission standards, the engine is Euro-4 compliant and can be upgraded to meet Euro-5 and Euro-6 standards.
The first-generation engine started regular production in Thailand in 2011. The second-generation was launched in 2013, and GM Powertrain Thailand builds both the 2.8L and 2.5L variants. The Australian and South American markets also receive the engines.
The $200 million facility represents GM’s most significant powertrain investment in Southeast Asia. It is GM’s first diesel powertrain facility in Thailand and the Southeast Asian region and the first powertrain facility in the world to manufacture the 4-cyl. family of Duramax engines.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Haha, that's great, cigarettes keep going up here, just went up again last month or so.
Women are still cheap just depends on what your insurance covers at the doctor.
So I take it electricity is a luxury there?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Haha, that's great, cigarettes keep going up here, just went up again last month or so.
Women are still cheap just depends on what your insurance covers at the doctor.
So I take it electricity is a luxury there?

Electricity is a necessity if your a Canadian. I like my house to be cool:baby:

my electric bill is around 400 usd a month. that's only 1 A/C unit running at a time for 30 days. I will eventually insulate the roof, as that is not a common practice in Thailand.

a pack of 20 smoke is 80-120 THB / 3 bucks USD, the last time I was in Canada they were 16 bucks!

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
How long before a Canadian that doesn't live in Canada is no longer a Canadian? I'm sure you folks even up in the Great White North can get use to the warm weather eventually.

I got some neighbors from Taiwan and you think after 30 years of being here in the states they could speak English, But no. I understand about half what they say. GREAT people though. I am a little concerned that the old man loves playing with and feeding my dog table scraps. I'm not sure if he just loves dogs or if he is trying to fatten her up for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
How long before a Canadian that doesn't live in Canada is no longer a Canadian? I'm sure you folks even up in the Great White North can get use to the warm weather eventually.

I got some neighbors from Taiwan and you think after 30 years of being here in the states they could speak English, But no. I understand about half what they say. GREAT people though. I am a little concerned that the old man loves playing with and feeding my dog table scraps. I'm not sure if he just loves dogs or if he is trying to fatten her up for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am officially a NON-Resident of Canada. Im basically a NON resident of anywhere :D. As far as adjusting to the weather, it will probably take me a few more years. I've been working here in Asia since late 2013. I speak a little Thai and a bit more Malaysian, as I work mostly in Malaysia. I will learn Thai, as I find it makes life just that much better, when you can speak the language of the country you are in.

I worked in Iraq for a few years and adjusted to the weather there, its the humidity that kills me:baby: