My Motor Build

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Just a little update, 1400 miles and no problems thus far.
I'm really surprised at how well this big turbo does on a DD. I think the truck is more fun and driveable compared to the vvt. There's almost no lag except for when you stomp it around 55-60 mph.

I can't wait to freshen the trans next month and hit the track!

Cool Chris. I like the white too. Powdercoated??

Spray bomb. :thumb:

GeneralTJI

Turbo Todd
Jun 1, 2010
Colorado
How high are you revving it too? Have you launched it yet? ...does is spool up pretty quick against the converter? Sounds awesome, I think we need a video :D

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
How high are you revving it too? Have you launched it yet? ...does is spool up pretty quick against the converter? Sounds awesome, I think we need a video :D

It shifts around 4k. I did one or two just messing around. It needs a lot of heat to get going. It really doesnt come alive until 1,000*. I'm gonna try a different converter this summer. I think the 54 is too tight. I can only stall it up to 2200.

Chris, are surprised by the come on of the 375?

I like tacos.

Yeah. It hits hard thats for sure. When you stand on it and it gets to 10 psi you better be ready to go. It shoots to 50 before you can blink.

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I can't believe it's been two years and almost 30k miles since the build. It will finally be getting dual pumps this year and a turbo upgrade is in the near future as well. I haven't done a thing to the motor besides change the oil! It has been on the big tune (675rwhp) from day 1 and besides wiping out a converter there have been zero issues. I never wanted huge power, just something I could beat the snot out of and not break it again. I couldn't be happier with it!

ctrump90

ctrump90
Jan 11, 2012
Clare, IL
I can't believe it's been two years and almost 30k miles since the build. It will finally be getting dual pumps this year and a turbo upgrade is in the near future as well. I haven't done a thing to the motor besides change the oil! It has been on the big tune (675rwhp) from day 1 and besides wiping out a converter there have been zero issues. I never wanted huge power, just something I could beat the snot out of and not break it again. I couldn't be happier with it!

I have the same goals with my build!!! I can't wait!! What transmission kit do you have just out of curiousity?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk