LB7: My LB7 twin turbo engine build

LbzDMax07

Dec 16, 2013
PA
What shop are you taking it to? I would like to find a good one cause I'm sure my day for a engine build is coming

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
What shop are you taking it to? I would like to find a good one cause I'm sure my day for a engine build is coming

I did all the machine work like de lipping the pistons and keying the cam and crank myself. I also pinned the oil pump and welded the water pump myself too. I am sending the block over to the machine shop to have it align honed with the ARP main studs and torque plate honed with the ARP head studs. He will also be balancing the lower assembly for me. Either Mark Small or Mar Martin depends on who can get the torque plate. I may have to buy one Ugh!!

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Well I received some goodies for the build
Arp mains studs
Arp flexate bolts
Arp rocker bolts
Waiting on head studs ugh!
ATI super damper
Complete gasket kit
Cam bearings
H series rods and main bearings
NPR steel top ring ring set
Bullet racing cams custom keyed cam
Decided not to use my stock cam that I keyed already. For the price they sold it to me for I couldn't turn it down. 190 192 duration 111lsa. Should perform much better with the wider seperation.
The + 1 mm valves dual springs and retainers should be on their way to the head porter. Jim can perform his magical CNC work and then install the valves.
Getting ready to complete a deal on some 60 percent over exergy's hopefully have them next week.
picture.php
picture.php

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Since the last post i have changed my mind on the rods. I dont plan on ever making 1000HP EVER. Dont want the upkeep or headaches that comes along with that kind of power in one of these engines. So i have decided on going with the Manley rods for the build. great deal on thses and the 5 Bills i saved will go towards the fuel pump set up.. My heads just arrived at the the CNC shop and i also bought some screw in injector cups for them. Sending the
picture.php
money today for the 60% Over Exergy's. Next is getting the block and parts down to the machine shop.
I
picture.php
may make my own torque plate, use some 6061 alum. 9" x 20.5" x 2" thick and machine it out on the Mill. I can get that size plate for 160 shipped to my door. couple hours on the Mill and it should be good to go.

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Well received some more goodies,!! ARP head studs and torque converter bolts
Got me some 60 over Exergy injectors and an LBZ injector pump on its way.!

Screw in injector cups too:woott:

Finished making my torque plate which is in its own thread.
Heads are being finished up at Galto machine and should see them next week.

I will mock up a piston / rod with the cylinder head on the block
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
and check valve clearance prior to taking the block and parts to the machine shop..

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Well I sent out my heads to have CNC ported, oversize valves, screw in cups installed and set up. I was told 2 to 3 weeks. Haha. That was end of October. I am still waiting for them. So I was told this past week that after the first of the year I will be seeing them on my door step...
Should see some action soon on this build.

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Well I need to verify valve to piston clearance when they get back with the new cam I have. I suppose to be a drop in but want to check it before having the bottom end balanced. So it may not be done until spring.

On the head work. I bought the ss intakes and inconel exhaust and dual springs and retainers. 125 lb seat pressure from REV through my vendor. I bought the screw in cups from Scott. So valves were around 730 ish springs and ret. around 450 ish. Cups 600 ish. Cnc work with valve job all new guides and surface and machine for screw in cups. 1575.
The flow numbers look as good or better then out of the box Waglers.

This shop does strictly head work and the owner use to work in a NASCAR Shop
He has a good Rep with Brodix too. Scott on the forums here had his heads done there also.

SilveradoTwins02

Hopefully twins soon
Aug 5, 2014
Hanover PA
Not very likely they flow as good as the Brodix heads buddy.

Out of the box Brodix with stock valve size and at a 420 lift. Brodix does flow more at upper lifts. But my cam is only .430. Why look at numbers above that which is true. Brodix does have better numbers but for my application those bigger flow numbers mean nothing. That's is all I meant by what I said.