Mud Tires?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I have had all three listed above. I can say that I really dont think there is a tire out there that totally wins me over. They are all over priced pieces of shit that dont hold up to diesel power. The mud tires wear out fast. The Toyo m/t has a real nice cosmetic look but thats where it stops. The STT seemed to last a bit longer but terrible road noise compared to Toyo. I would like to try some Goodyear duratrac tires and some km2s but other than that I am here for the reading.:cool2:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Check out kumho m/t I have 285's on my truck and like them been great on the farm in the mud and snow

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Kuhmo M/T's are a good tire I have them currently on one of my superdutys, only complaint is there a directional tire so rotations are a PITA..

2005LLY

Sep 18, 2011
I haven't priced the Goodyear Duratracs but I really like them as well. I've owned the STT and didn't think they were that noisy, and I've got a set of ATZ and I really like them but can't find the old style for sale anywhere, that's why I'm interested in the mtz. And it seems like everyone and there brother has the toyo so I figured they must be a good tire then

AKlowriderZ71

May 14, 2012
Wyoming
I have the Toyos for about 5000 miles now. I just had them balance & rotated the other day, they still look brand new and are wearing evenly. They are good on the road & hum a little bit, been off road a couple times & did great on rocky trails and Wyoming mud. It's winter here, and I'm very impressed with how well they are doing in the snow & ice. I expected poor winter performance, but they are doing far better than my previous General Grabber AT2's did.

Bustedknuckles

Honey Badger
Sep 25, 2010
Hagerstown MD
tenavahu.jpg

You might want to check out Fierce Attitudes. I have them on my truck and 2 of my buddies and they all really like them. The tread wear and road noise is great and they are priced very well!

BW544

Feb 11, 2013
DE
Kuhmo M/T's are a good tire I have them currently on one of my superdutys, only complaint is there a directional tire so rotations are a PITA..

Yeah but that really is the only downfall to them. I like em

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Mar 13, 2012
Bham, AL
I have 315/70r17 Goodyear duratracs and they have about 25,000 on them. They are pretty good in mud and on road (we don't get much snow in central AL). They are quieter and are doing better on wear than my km2. The km2 I got about 25-27000 highway miles out of them. Downfalls to my duratracs is the 17" is only a d load rating.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
my Toyos (35/12.5/20s) wore out quicker than i thought but i was driving the hell out of them and a lot more freeway than i thought i was going to do, but they are strong sidewalls, does not drift down the road, i went to a set of GY hybrids AT/MD when they came out and i about threw myself out the side window when i changed lanes. The Toyos look the best i think , but really enjoyed the stiff .

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Toyo mt's are good. Check out Pro Comp Xtreme mt's. I'm on my second set, they have good on and off road handling.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Cooper STT are ok.
Personally I like my Dick Cepek Mt's for the price but to each his own.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Just got a set af 6 Hurcules Trail Diggers for my dually,best bang for the buck, Great hwy, deep snow and mud,stiff wall for towing and way cheaper than the others,SST's wear way to fast for the money.