mpg?

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
So i got efi live thanks to JJ at all seasons. Witch will give me the best mpg around town and short high trips? And witch will give me the best mpg on long high way trips? I have five tunes. I also have mbrp exhaust and down pipe. Afe blade turbo boot and cold air intake s&b. And also i was told to only tow on 1. Keeping in mind i have a stock trans.

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Just start at the bottom and run a tank through maybe the first 3-4 tunes and see how it does for your fuel econ, assuming you are saying you have a DSP5 set-up?

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
Hey Scott,

Your tunes are setup as follows...

1.) Daily Driver
2.) Light Tow with Turbo Brake
3.) Heavy Tow with Turbo Brake
4.) Performance
5.) Max Effort with Turbo Whistle

Typically 1-3 are going to be your best for MPG, although we have had customers in the past report that their Performance (#4) tune yields the best economy. Every truck is different (weight, suspension setup, performance mod's exc.) that we recommend running them a couple of tunes and testing which one works best for your setup. If you have anymore questions give us a call!

Thanks

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
Awesome thank u very much tony saves me the phone call. I should havw askes that at some point it just slipted my mind.

sdc05gmc2500hd

May 18, 2012
I was also under the impression that u could tow in anything over one or u had to turn it back to stock. What is the difference between light towing and heavy towing like lbs?

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Heavy tow is to be used when your towing a heavy load, light is probably set up to tow around 5k or less like a bass boat or utility trailer.