Motor build info thread

Tony Burkhard

Allseason Diesel Per.
Send them out yourself, poly dyn out of houston texas do it, your better off sending them out your self.I used this place to cut and coat mine and the builder put mark up on it for handling.This place also coats the main and rod berings for better lube. Just my .02

I have not found a reason to coat the H bearings so save yourself a little money there. Now thats my .02.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Just curious why you guys are running carrillos over howard or crower rods?
Motor builder turned me away from crowers something about the center to centers being unconsistant but henry has asured me that that has since been adressed and is not an issue any more.had 2 builders tell me not to use howards but all 4 i talked to commonly said carillos so thats why i went the way i did.AND I AM NOT KNOCKING ANYONES RODS ONLY WHAT I WAS TOLD!

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
What's the key to NOT having to run main studs as some are doing with great success? Tuning? Less than ____ rpm (fill in blank)? Quality balance job? Secret squirrel mojo smeared on it first? :D

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Motor

Mojo!! lol Lot's of clearance. Let the crank move around! Your not going to stop it so give it room to move. Mainly on the mains. :D

sickdiesel

Apr 22, 2010
Im doing a mild build right now also without trying to break the bank (impossible?) lol

its all at the machinist now

i decided to get

R&R rods
mahle cut/coated pistons
head studs
hamilton springs
mild head job, balancing everything, standard bore.
socal (ati) dampner
socal flexplate
still havent decided on either 60% or 80% injectors.
PPE dual fuelers
83/66

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Subcribed, you and me have pretty much the same ideas as far as what we want. I will be doing springs and 60 overs down the road. (I hope you can do springs in the truck with a tool? Any chance on getting some clearence advice Jeff? Just to compare