Most awesome DIY engine stand ever

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That is an AMAZING engine stand. :drool:

It is nice real nice and HD but think about it .

He must be bored as if he isn't building motors for a living how often is he going to roll that Caddy out? He builds his BBC for his Rat Rod then push it over in the corner and it collects dust!

Or maybe he builds GREAT engine stands and shitty motors so he'll be using it often! :roflmao:

Just saying :)
If he is retired/whatever and has the time, sometimes the quality is its own reward. When I make a tool, I tend to go overkill as well as long as I have the time. Plus, I imagine he will have friends lining up to borrow it when he's done!

I understand what you are saying though. That is why it makes more sense for most of us to buy a pre-made stand, even if it is worse quality.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Damn, I'm embarrased. I have two lathes and two mills and cant do anything close to what he's done. Anyone near me that wants to do a project like this hit me up I got equipment but no brain:eek:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
That is an AMAZING engine stand. :drool:

If he is retired/whatever and has the time, sometimes the quality is its own reward. When I make a tool, I tend to go overkill as well as long as I have the time. Plus, I imagine he will have friends lining up to borrow it when he's done!

I understand what you are saying though. That is why it makes more sense for most of us to buy a pre-made stand, even if it is worse quality.

You're right for-sure his craftsmanship is impeccable . I wish I had half his skills!

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Wow, that is the nicest engine stand ever! The guy states he has been impersonating a machinist/fabricator for 35 years, it is clear he has been around the block, and engine blocks :D

His sig says "horsepower determines how fast you hit the wall, torque determines the size of the hole you make"

Think he's been in drag racing?

Cool find Josh:thumb: thanks for sharing :hug: