Molnar Rods

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
They guy trying to pedal them on here a while back was shady as ****. Under that premise alone I wouldn't try a set even if they were free.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Chinese made, but machined here (IIRC, in west Michigan). Im not sure Id trust them in anything over a stock rebuild.
Would be interesting to hear from someone who actually has tried them in a performance application, though.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
They are a little heavy compared to the high quality rods. Give them a try and report back to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Funny how guys are calling these rods Chinese junk (more than likely without ever even having a set in their hands), but no one is saying anything like that in the Brian Crower thread that is going on.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Funny how guys are calling these rods Chinese junk (more than likely without ever even having a set in their hands), but no one is saying anything like that in the Brian Crower thread that is going on.

They're probably made side by side

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
They're probably made side by side

That's my thought as well. I know for a fact the company making the Chinese rods has both an H beam and an I beam style.

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
It's probably because Henry sales the BC and if Henry says they'll be ok in a build and he has serval guys running 800-900 on them with zero problems that makes people feel a lot more comfortable about purchasing them, it did me. I pushed them into the 800 range with a proven time slip so that'll make people more comfortable about using them. It'll be interesting to see what these Molnar rods really are all about if not the same as the BC as yal mentioned.

henery97

Apr 4, 2011
Nebraska
I saw the molnars at pri 2 years ago when they first came out. They looked nice but I don't know anymore about them.