Molnar Con Rods at PRI

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana
Still, glad to see Carrillo a step ahead of new competition. Has anyone seen or heard of their new prototype rods? They are a heavier duty version of their already very popular Rods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they are still using the standard Duramax rod end, they are not a step ahead IMO.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
If they are still using the standard Duramax rod end, they are not a step ahead IMO.

They have two different prototypes, both use a standard duramax stock crankshaft. One is their typical rod length with specific parts beefed up, and another is what they are calling a hybrid. It's a longer rod/shorter piston setup that uses a wrist pin taken out of a top fuel motor. They explained the benefits but I can't remember exactly other than it was related to ring wear.

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They have two different prototypes, both use a standard duramax stock crankshaft. One is their typical rod length with specific parts beefed up, and another is what they are calling a hybrid. It's a longer rod/shorter piston setup that uses a wrist pin taken out of a top fuel motor. They explained the benefits but I can't remember exactly other than it was related to ring wear.

They're still two years behind people that have already been doing this.

DaveB

Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Indiana

That is exactly what Wagler has been doing for a couple years. Everyone else is now figuring it out.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
We can't complain about a shortage of rod companies anymore. Oliver, Howard's, Carrillo, Crower, Brian Crower, Manley, R&R, Wagler, and molinar all make a capable duramax rod. The cost will always be where it is right now because of the smaller market.

Agree 100%

Yellow Jacket

WannaBe Sled Puller
Feb 11, 2009
Waterloo, IA
is there anyone running these molnar rods? I called today and the price they gave me was no where near 2800

PM me a price if you don't want to post it on here.... I'm still interested in building a budget engine for testing.

I wish I didn't need a $5000 crank to use the aluminum rods on a hot street engine and play toy...