Modded VVT's from PPE?

NCT

May 15, 2007
Georgia
Little birdie told me that PPE was coming out with there own line of modded stockers. Any truth to this rumor?

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
We have been talking about this for some time. We felt there was no enough interest to build one. What are your thoughts?

I can Mod any charger with different parts. What are you looking for?

Dan

NCT

May 15, 2007
Georgia
I think there would be a huge need, i mean look at the Cheetah and now Danville is making one. I am sure PPE would do a better job, If you look up Duramax Performance in the dictionary there is a PPE logo. PPE's name is more well known and would sell alot more than the other guys. Not to mention how much inflation the Cheetah has recieved since introduced. I like the stock look when i open the Hood. I mean what would the Dodge boys think when you put down 575-600hp and they find out the only thing added was a lift pump?

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
x2.... many people on DP are very interested it seems, and have been listing PPE as a player in producing these. Dan you may want to check out the forum Other Performance Discussion in Gasuouts thread about his turbo as well as the other thread started about vvt vs 4094 I believe.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
I dont think tht eficancy of a vvt can beat a 40-94 but i will soon find out when i test my modded vvt

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I would be interested in a modded VVT-It would be easier to sneak it past GM for warranty!!

kodiak

Sep 25, 2007
Cheetah sound, 40LBs usable boost, less back pressure.......I'd buy one in a heartbeat...if the price was right. Heck, I would buy an extra LLY turbo and send it you to modify...I have found them for $300 complete!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
one thing that stopped me from the cheetah was price, $3500 for the 70mm!!! that is why i plan to get a 4088 next month.

Wow that is steep!! Better off buying an HTT or GT at that price IMO.

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
We have been talking about this for some time. We felt there was no enough interest to build one. What are your thoughts?

I can Mod any charger with different parts. What are you looking for?

Dan

Are you saying you guys can put a larger compressor wheel in the VVT over there at PPE?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well, the stock look and better performance while still being able to tune using the variable vanes is something I would like to be able to do.