in the buckeye state
Projected 2200 HP @ 7300-7600 RPM.
Stock Block.
Stroked Crank.
? Cylinder Heads.

Hello. :hello:

Are you Chuck Yeager?

:D

Take time and go to USER CP, and fill out a signature, so folk can get to know you.

Thanks!
that would be Mr chris waston himself ;)
IMO HP is depicted by how much air and fuel you got... you need both... big displacement means X air flow comes sooner. the sotck motore have ~50ci more displacment 6.6>5.9

THEORETICAL CFM.. RPM X DISPLACEMENT ÷ 3456 =CFM
454ci @ 7000= 919cfm in a perfact world that is 56lbmin by itself
403 @ 7000= 816 or 49lbmin

Last edited:

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
I just think its bad to the bone either way. I knew a mechanical dmax would be build one day. I think the dmax could turn the rpms of a 12 va. As far as a cummins being able to pull more then a duramax at a lower rpm. Thats a myth that isnt true:eek:

Slick

Jan 9, 2007
Here's the thing, fuel is not intelligent enough to know how it got into the cylinder.

So the injection method is not important if does the following:

Correct timing
Correct amount
Good atomization

With the CR, we can't get enough amount currently, but up to the point we run out of fuel, all three are doable. With mechanical you can't get correct timing or amount. Close, but it can't be adjusted for engine parameters like CR does.

So exactly what advantage does mechanical have? Does it massage the fuels feet, or just improve it's self-esteem.

There is a reason Audi isn't running a mechanical injection system, and neither did JCB. These are multi-million dollar custom racing engines. If there were some advantage to mechanical injection, don't you think they would have heard about it by now?

I will make a prediction. It will dyno no higher than CR engines, and the dyno sheets will remain secret like most pullers. It will be a better engine than the 12v, because it's a better design, not because of Magic Fuel Effects.

Apparently amount is more important than having "perfect" timing/atomization, in this application. I'm sure if they could make a CR have enough power to compete without a multimillion dollar budget I'm sure it would happen, but you can see what they are going with.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Apparently amount is more important than having "perfect" timing/atomization, in this application. I'm sure if they could make a CR have enough power to compete without a multimillion dollar budget I'm sure it would happen, but you can see what they are going with.

I'm working with Bosch to see what they can come up with, but they aren't that interested in trucks, regardless of what some have said.

With the new smaller piezo injectors that will be on 2010 trucks later this year, it might be possible to double-up the fuel system, or have adequate fueling for over 2000rwhp on real pump fuel.

It would be expensive, no doubt, but not $30,000, since it's just off-the-shelf parts and a cylinder head modification.

Now the real question is, can they get a fuel that can burn at 7500rpm and can the rotating assembly endure it? Forces go up wildly as RPM climbs.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I called BS... that dmax they posted isn't setup to run that inline 8 pump with the turbo still in the valley and no machined case setup to mount that big bastard to and be gear driven.

I think they are build a beast but I don't think it's a dmax. I really hope I'm wrong but guess we'll all know soon enough. :D

C-ya

duramax3388

May 22, 2008
Zanesville Ohio
I called BS... that dmax they posted isn't setup to run that inline 8 pump with the turbo still in the valley and no machined case setup to mount that big bastard to and be gear driven.

I think they are build a beast but I don't think it's a dmax. I really hope I'm wrong but guess we'll all know soon enough. :D

C-ya

i was thinking the samething but the 8cyl. sigma is bad. eric has had a few duramaxs which is i think the reason for the body change but he has been running a cummings for a long time i dont think that he is changing but you never know who has what up their sleeve. that motor did only have a big single turbo on it anyways

03demax

Sep 15, 2008
Central PA
he has been running a cummings for a long time

If it is a cummings it needs to have a big "G" on the end cumminGs. They run better that way. LOL:D:D

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
yeah, it definitely looks wicked!!!

Says it'll be Super Stock... which I didn't think could be tube chassis and typically restricted to single charger?

Wonder where the other Climax truck went? He should call this one Multiple Climax. :angel:

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
One good thing that should come out of this, we should have some good hard parts (rods, piston, crank, valve train, etc.).