Max'd Out back on the track

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
You guys are useing the TTS rods correct? What pistons? and what else have you done to handle all the boost? If anything?

Idaho CTD

Junkie
May 28, 2008
Idaho
:cool: How much more boost are you thinking?

Probably gonna go high with an all out tune unless we need to control it because of drive pressure. I would suspect we'll see 120+ ungated. The boost gauge was acting weird the last few days so I'm not sure what it's making on the tune I ran the 10.29 pass. The smaller tune (10.38 with a better 60') was around 94psi of boost with about 96psi of back pressure.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Probably gonna go high with an all out tune unless we need to control it because of drive pressure. I would suspect we'll see 120+ ungated. The boost gauge was acting weird the last few days so I'm not sure what it's making on the tune I ran the 10.29 pass. The smaller tune (10.38 with a better 60') was around 94psi of boost with about 96psi of back pressure.

That's awesome!!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think I need some of those turbos for my truck, Nathan :D

Congrats on the awesome results guys. Rob didn't tell me you guys were on street tires when I talked to him today. I'm happy to see all the hard work is paying off.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
We cracked the front diff housing today or it cracked last night and spit a chunk today. But on 450ms less fuel than before with no other changes besides the turbo's it went the fastest it has ever gone on street tires, 10.29 @ 134.7 with a 1.67 60'.

I need to clarify the cracked housing, I may have started the problem last night when I did my John Force impression with the half track burnout on my first launch. It was violent. Nathan had a couple more pretty hard ones today. This is the original differential that has been in the truck since it was made, all we have even do to it is change the lube. We did add a locker which we have never used or even activated. It's now for sale if anyone what a new never used front e-locker. This was a Missouri farm truck that spent most of it life in 4x4 and the TC never locked up. The under carriage was so plugged with dried mud we much have taken over 100 lbs of weight off must in removing the mud.

It doesn't surprise me that we cracked the differential, I'm more amazed it lasted as long as it has.

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009
I need to clarify the cracked housing, I may have started the problem last night when I did my John Force impression with the half track burnout on my first launch. It was violent. Nathan had a couple more pretty hard ones today. This is the original differential that has been in the truck since it was made, all we have even do to it is change the lube. We did add a locker which we have never used or even activated. It's now for sale if anyone what a new never used front e-locker. This was a Missouri farm truck that spent most of it life in 4x4 and the TC never locked up. The under carriage was so plugged with dried mud we much have taken over 100 lbs of weight off must in removing the mud.

It doesn't surprise me that we cracked the differential, I'm more amazed it lasted as long as it has.

Great work subman,
Who did the cylinder head work? Stock cubes?

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Sub, any chance of you guys catching a race over this way this year?(missed you guys at Indy) By "this way", I mean mid-country-ish. Sure would like to check it out!

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
These heads are TTS and still is has stock displacement.

We'll just go back with stock front end. None of us wants to wreck the truck, so we haven't used the locker.

I'll not turn the tuning up as there has been no need to go faster at the NHRDA events we have made. In fact, I'll most likely detune it more so we can make all the remaining events this year, unless the need arises.

The NHRDA Western finals(Div. 1, 2, and 6) is here in Boise in Oct. This being the last event of the year, we'll turn up the wick and let it eat as I'll have 4 months to wrench on it if it breaks.

Rhall

Old Skooler
Aug 12, 2006
Texas Y'all
These heads are TTS and still is has stock displacement.

We'll just go back with stock front end. None of us wants to wreck the truck, so we haven't used the locker.

I'll not turn the tuning up as there has been no need to go faster at the NHRDA events we have made. In fact, I'll most likely detune it more so we can make all the remaining events this year, unless the need arises.

The NHRDA Western finals(Div. 1, 2, and 6) is here in Boise in Oct. This being the last event of the year, we'll turn up the wick and let it eat as I'll have 4 months to wrench on it if it breaks.

FWIW my truck launches a lot smoother and straigher with the locker on, but i dont have drs yet, so thats just on street tires.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
We cracked the front diff housing today or it cracked last night and spit a chunk today. But on 450ms less fuel than before with no other changes besides the turbo's it went the fastest it has ever gone on street tires, 10.29 @ 134.7 with a 1.67 60'.

*whistling* tough break on the diff housing, but geez...10.29 on almost a 1.7 60ft on a small tune? Thats just hauling ass.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
FWIW my truck launches a lot smoother and straigher with the locker on, but i dont have drs yet, so thats just on street tires.

Heard some horror stories with a locker engaged drag racing, like can't turn the wheel when it gets off line, would like to heard your experience on exactly how it acts both on and off. Our truck launches straignt and true right now. No crab crawling or unloading side to side. It is very easy to drive, still needs the suspension tweaked however. A touch too much boost and you light up the drag radials. Mind you I had way too much boost and I smoked them. It still launched straight and I had to do very little wheel correction.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
One big safety factor with a locker is if you break a front axle, your truck will pull very abruptly toward the side that breaks (just ask Jeff). I have an ARB now, and I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should use it at the strip.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I did that in Casper once:eek:... People told Pat it looked like I drifting :baby:

Casper was covered with rubber on all four corners :eek: