Max'd Out back on the track

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
We got Max'd Out back on the track yesterday after rob got the bad injector cup replaced. Were not sure what to expect, new engine, new turbos, new suspension. Rob built some small tunes with different fueling options, none of which were very big. Rob ran 3 passes, we changed the the tune and suspension after the first one, had about a 20mph head wind and he went 10.5, 130+ with 92 lbs of boost and 96 lbs of drive pressure. EGT's were in the 1400 range. Nathan's new turbo setup is awesome, takes a bit of practice to spool the setup but it's runs well. I drove it a couple of passes and according to all that watched set a new record for a 4 wheel burn out, lighting them up for almost an 1/8 mile. White smoke boiling off all 4 tires whey down the track. When I got back Rob's face looked like this, :eek: A little heavy on the launch boost, 40 to 50 psi, I was too busy hanging on to look. Didn't break anything, (thank god) and second run didn't build enough boost. Have to say it drove great in both situations. Hopefully we'll get a chance for a few more runs today. A bit tricker to drive then the old 12 sec Crewcab.:D

Last edited:

ruffmanatv

Yeah, its got a D-Max!
May 9, 2008
Van Wert, OH
Congrats. Good to hear you guys got it all back together and running. I was kinda bummed that it did not make it to Indy this year, would have been awesome to see it run.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Pretty darn cool. Congrats to all of you!

I too would love to see a vid of you burning all four 1/2way down the strip. That must have been interesting.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
This is running close to stock pulse width for testing and tuning the turbos. I was expecting low 11's and was really surprized it ran that quick and fast.

I know one of the biggest lines you hear after someone goes to the track is "it's got more in it with some tweaking" but this thing is so detuned it's laughable.

Idaho CTD

Junkie
May 28, 2008
Idaho
We cracked the front diff housing today or it cracked last night and spit a chunk today. But on 450ms less fuel than before with no other changes besides the turbo's it went the fastest it has ever gone on street tires, 10.29 @ 134.7 with a 1.67 60'.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Impressive. Looks like you got lots of room left in tuning and the motor. Hope the rest of the trucks luck changes so you guys can put down some good 9 second passes.

:cool2:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
We cracked the front diff housing today or it cracked last night and spit a chunk today. But on 450ms less fuel than before with no other changes besides the turbo's it went the fastest it has ever gone on street tires, 10.29 @ 134.7 with a 1.67 60'.

Congrats on the time! Sux for the diff though:(