max boost stock LMM?

bigdavesiroc

Jun 19, 2012
Oceanside Ca
did a quick search and couldn't find anything. anyone have an idea on a "safe" max boost for a stock LMM. only mod's so far are h&s mini maxx and exhaust. i've seen 31psi as max boost so far. i don't know much yet about the duramax's or diesels for that matter. just thinking that's kinda high.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Not much transfers unfortunately, i recently crossed from the dark side. I had a d1sc supercharged lq4 in a 1500 hd, an efi live tune on my duramax and some supporting fuel mods, and the tuned dmax would just pummel my old truck.
16 psi of boost on my gas block was a grenade waiting to happen, pullin lots of timing and adding h2o/meth to make it happen too.
Diesel land, hehe, however, add some headstuds and upgrade your charger and have it tuned, and 45 psi is pretty normal! Twin turbo's work pressures near & over 100 on this forum all over the place(fully built to the hilt), your stock charger can work in the mid thirties easy with the right tune.
Pull out your wallet. Then get ready to sell your soul, this has taken over my life, money, free time and thoughts and i haven't even got the dmax to the track yet. When you find out how to make your truck run as fast as your iroc, you'll see.
:welcome7:

Mr.T

Jun 15, 2012
Not the same, but I hit 50-60psi with my old 12 valve, I pushed that truck HARD

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
anything over 32psi IMO is just blowing hot air.

What he said. I have actually lowered boost in the upper RPM's on the LMM that I have done and noticed a cleaner engine. I set em up with just enough to clear up the smoke with just a slight haze, anymore and your just wasting power to drive the turbo.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
My street tune pushes30- 32psi, my race tune pushes 35-36psi @ wot. The differance for me is about +60whp and 130lb ft of tq, @ peak points in band, just my truck and choice of tuning tho, everyone is different.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
When you start pushing the stock turbo upwards of 35psi at WOT it sends the drive pressure to the moon.

The stock VVT is restrictive and even opening the exhaust up with a downpipe/up-pipes still does not do enough to alleviate the drive pressure issues.

In testing I pushed my LBZ/VVT to almost 40psi and didn't gain any ET or MPH but did increase EGT's by 300+ degrees.

:eek: