Making 2500hp hold

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Crank and Block are the limiting factor IMO. We now have the fuel and air possible, but even with the high dollar/best products currently available, a true 2500hp won't be reached, not without total destruction. Hopefully someone proves this wrong.

Custom big cube blocks and cranks are not a Duramax just because they have Duramax injectors and ECM.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Crank and Block are the limiting factor IMO. We now have the fuel and air possible, but even with the high dollar/best products currently available, a true 2500hp won't be reached, not without total destruction. Hopefully someone proves this wrong.

Custom big cube blocks and cranks are not a Duramax just because they have Duramax injectors and ECM.

My thoughts exactly.

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ

I agree 100%.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Dyno

What I mean is a big spike number on a dyno means nothing. I'm pretty sure there is some pulling motors making big power there just not glory hounds. I guess I should have been a little more clear. I bet my motor (as I run it) in the dragster is not making 1000 hp. That is at the crank so 850 or so at the tires. The chassis is using it and the numbers don't lie. Sorry

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah

I would agree with that. But I think that a different crank in a duramax block should still be classified as a duramax regardless of the crank. Aren't there several cummins that wouldn't be classified as a "cummins" because of the custom block they run?

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
traditionally, the "brand test" has been that if the engine can still accept and swing a stock crank, it flies as being a *fill in the blank*. I'm guessing that limits you to bore separation and ultimately limits your cubes unless they add height to the bores to gain cubes. Either way, I'm ok with that designation.

Once it can no longer use a stock crank (aka has standard bore spacing), then it's just XYZ's engine.

That's just how I see it.

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
traditionally, the "brand test" has been that if the engine can still accept and swing a stock crank, it flies as being a *fill in the blank*. I'm guessing that limits you to bore separation and ultimately limits your cubes unless they add height to the bores to gain cubes. Either way, I'm ok with that designation.

Once it can no longer use a stock crank (aka has standard bore spacing), then it's just XYZ's engine.

That's just how I see it.

I agree with this.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Id love to know the horsepower that Tim Jacksons pulling truck was putting down when it was fresh its last season out. That thing was nasty. I read somewhere that "he" was having rods and pistons made specially made for that truck because they kept breaking or bending aftermarket parts.

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Id love to know the horsepower that Tim Jacksons pulling truck was putting down when it was fresh its last season out. That thing was nasty. I read somewhere that "he" was having rods and pistons made specially made for that truck because they kept breaking or bending aftermarket parts.

That Truck was Baaaaad! I miss seeing that thing jerk the sled out of the park!:eek: