Making 2500hp hold

Cknight199

Aug 23, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Do you think it's possible? It would be cool to get a duramax to get that high on the dyno charts. What parts do you think would break first?

Don't want to start any drama, I started this thread out of pure curiosity. I know nothing related to high hp part failures (carillos, forged pistons, the actual block, ect) so that's the reason behind this thread.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
It's comin! I have heard from a person in the know that there is big cube billet blocks and parts that will be on the scene. Once the hard parts are made that will hold up it will happen. Big money though

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
It's comin! I have heard from a person in the know that there is big cube billet blocks and parts that will be on the scene. Once the hard parts are made that will hold up it will happen. Big money though

There are theories on how people will get there and people are spending big money to do it, but nobody has done it yet.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
I'd love to see someone do it so we can stick it to these CumminGs guys :roflmao:

I'm sure one day it'll happen. Hopefully sooner than later.

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
What I really want to see is a billet block built big cube motor with a lenco behind it not auto trans problems not converter problems no defuel just badass! Haha

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The blocks must have water cooling provisions for practical use. That may one if the issues along with the ability to drive it and not get aggravated with the annoyances from too much of what it takes to make that power. I once drove this Vette at the lot that a guy built. It was badass for sure but you could not even drive it in sixth year running 80 because of too much camshaft. It loped and bucked at those speeds. Under 4000 rpms it was nothing special but above that it was dangerously fast.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

WI Huck

Where does the time go?
Feb 8, 2012
Taking a Keith Black drag race motor and converting it to diesel is not exactly a Duramax. What Dmitri is doing is cool to see but watching Chevy versus Dodge versus Ford on the pulling track and the drag strip is a much better comparison.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Taking a Keith Black drag race motor and converting it to diesel is not exactly a Duramax. What Dmitri is doing is cool to see but watching Chevy versus Dodge versus Ford on the pulling track and the drag strip is a much better comparison.

X2, and most of them guys will not be advertising dyno #s.

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Exactly 2000hp has probably been hit but the guys that have done it aren't looking for attention.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Exactly 2000hp has probably been hit but the guys that have done it aren't looking for attention.
X2 I think a lot of the guys making the real big numbers are keeping things under wraps. Sled pullers are sneaky S.O.B.s My issue has always been, when is a motor not actually considered a duramax. I know they have a similar design, but if it is a billet block, billet crank and aftermarket heads, is it really a duramax anymore?