MAJOR Torsion Bar HELP!!!

07DuallyDmax

Oct 18, 2011
Hey Fellers, Im new to the duramax forum as i just bought a project truck. Ive got a 2007 3500hd i bought wrecked. My Major Problem is that this truck came slightly modifed.The mods im having most trouble with are the front torsion bars.Firstly they are much smaller than my dads 2500hd. his bar codes are 965 and 966 vs my 267 and 268.that dosent seem correct a 2500hd having heavier bars than a 3500hd. The torsion bars were also mounted on the wrong sides. (left on the right and right on the left). There is also a set of Firestone air shocks on the front. Can anyone tell me if this is some cheap way of lowering a dmax by slamin 1500 torsion bars in and making up for the suspension with air over shocks or are these bars really an option and they are just installed wrong?

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
One thing i can guarantee is that the airshocks arent going to offset the hauling capability lost from going to 1/2 ton torsion bars. Just out of curiosity where are you located? This is sounding a lot like a truck that i know.

07DuallyDmax

Oct 18, 2011
Location Airovers

The Truck and i are located in the Washington state area. And Im pretty Sure These Shocks Are shot im not 100% sure yet i havnt done much with the truck im still working on gathering my crash parts for the bed and rear.