Mac or PC??

fajitatone

Almost Stock
Jul 6, 2007
WA
www.fajita.net
Its funny, If my Hard drives go bad I can have them changed out and be back online in under an hour for a little over 100$; my cousin with the MBP had to leave hers for several days, and it cost several hundred dollars.

Bottom line, take a can of Vaseline to the apple store if your going that route.

not true. maybe if you are unwilling to try and open your own, they used to be next to impossible, but now, a few teeny phillips head screws and you can swap your own macbook pro drive out. AND the warranty is NOT voided.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
Seems to me that the real advantage of a mac is the superior battery life. You can pay enough for a PC to do everything else as good or better, bit i cant find an i7 pc with 9 hours of battery life. Still sticking w PC though.

My brother just picked up a 13.3 MacBook Pro with the i7 Processor, and the battery life is FAR from 9 hours. In face, he said it's not much better than his 4 year old Dell.

I have thought about picking up a new Mac, but after using his for a few days I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost over a PC. I may just buy another high powered XPS like Rob did, mine is currently 3 years old and still going strong.

But, I will agree the Mac seems like it has the best build as far as materials and structure.

speeddemon619

Jul 24, 2010
Northeast OH
As far as quality of components and build quality I don't think you can beat macs as a box stock computer, but comparing a built gaming computer to a stock MAC is apples and oranges

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
My brother just picked up a 13.3 MacBook Pro with the i7 Processor, and the battery life is FAR from 9 hours. In face, he said it's not much better than his 4 year old Dell.

I have thought about picking up a new Mac, but after using his for a few days I'm not sure it's worth the extra cost over a PC. I may just buy another high powered XPS like Rob did, mine is currently 3 years old and still going strong.

But, I will agree the Mac seems like it has the best build as far as materials and structure.

My last Dell laptop which is probably 7 years old my Mom is now using. With my new Dell I did get the larger battery with it. It says its good for 6 hours or so BUT that will depend on what I'm using it for.

durallymax

Apr 26, 2008
Under The Hood
I like the mac I have for media type things, it has a lot of nice features. But once you get into other stuff having the PC is nicer.

They say there is less viruses for mac, doesnt matter they will still get you, got mine.

all you guys talking about battery life makes me jealous

im lucky to get 1.5hrs on my HP

Last edited:

calabria69

Beerstud1
Oct 8, 2008
Santaquin, Utah
got a mac book pro with i5 processor, so far i love the shit out of it!! bought iworks to run word, excel and powerpoint pretty cool program...time will tell i guess.....