Mac or PC??

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I've had my Macbook Pro since 2008. It's the longest I've ever had a single computer, and it is my first mac.

I would buy another.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
The Mac notebook is much better thought out, and sturdier than 99% of the PC notebooks.

However, any computer is just a device to run software. If a Mac will run what you want, then it's an excellent choice.

I have a MBP, but it's used mostly for travel. I love it, but at home I use PC's.

calabria69

Beerstud1
Oct 8, 2008
Santaquin, Utah
I'm really impressed how fast it is compared to the PC, picture quality is key and again it looks way better, it's the price that scares the shit out of me:eek:

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I'm really impressed how fast it is compared to the PC, picture quality is key and again it looks way better, it's the price that scares the shit out of me:eek:

I agree with pat and will also add that I feel the Macbooks are made out of superior materials than PCs notebooks are. You wont have to deal with plastic cracking or keys falling off.

I do all of my tuning in EFI Live using software like Parallels (keeping the Mac OS running), but I always use Apple's Bootcamp (comes on the computer) and run windows alone when I'm flashing.

KEVINL

Jul 4, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Don't let the price scare you its worth it

I have a mac mini made in 2005 and it still kicks ass it doesn't do to well with HD videos but I have my eye on a 27" I Mac

A PC from 2005 would have been in the dumpster 4 years ago

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
I can't compare a Mac to a PC speed but I have a new Dell XPS laptop with the i7 4 core processor. I added a solid state drive for the OS and applications and kept the original 620gig hard drive for data (yes it can have 2 hard drives). I get the login screen in 10~15 seconds and it connects to my wireless about 10 seconds after I log in. I'm running Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Soundbooth and a few other CPU intensive programs and have not noticed any speed problems. Also I've watched a few Blu-ray movies on it and haven't noticed any problems either. FWIW

Sharks06LLY

May 15, 2010
Tampa Fl

its all personal preference, im a pc guy but i like macs. what i dont like is the price u pay for the same specifications, when i built my desktop i looked at comparable mac computers just for fun. a comparable mac desktop was 1200 more.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
How is a Mac not a PC :confused: I've never understood that... doesn't PC stand for personnal computer? A mac is a computer that someone can personnally own and use.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
I have owned both I loved my MAC but was no good for what I was using my computers for.

It all has to do with what you need.

Would you buy a VW golf to tow with no but you would if you want 35+ MPG

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
How is a Mac not a PC :confused: I've never understood that... doesn't PC stand for personnal computer? A mac is a computer that someone can personnally own and use.

The original Intel desktop made by IBM was called the PC. Then PC-XT, then PC-AT?

Today, we also call them Wintel machines (Windows + x86 chip), but PC was an IBM name.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I have been exclusive to Mac for the past 7 years. Won't go back. My MacBook that is 4 years old just had a mechanical problem with the hard drive. Got it replaced with a 500 gig hard drive and Mac replaced the entire keyboard and faceplate. With labor it was $250 with tax. Also own an iMac 24", never had any problems. Best computers on the face of the planet IMO.

If you wanna use EFI on them you can. The new OS has Bootcamp and you can run Windows OS through it.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
I had a Mac when Mac's weren't cool and got my balls broke. Now everyone wants a Mac :confused:

I'd buy another one but the prices are higher compared to PC's

red1977

Nov 15, 2010
Ogden Utah

I'll put my pc up against you mac on speed and picture quailty. granted my pc is built for gaming. :D

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
Seems to me that the real advantage of a mac is the superior battery life. You can pay enough for a PC to do everything else as good or better, bit i cant find an i7 pc with 9 hours of battery life. Still sticking w PC though.

beanpole209

May 5, 2010
Its funny, If my Hard drives go bad I can have them changed out and be back online in under an hour for a little over 100$; my cousin with the MBP had to leave hers for several days, and it cost several hundred dollars.

Bottom line, take a can of Vaseline to the apple store if your going that route.