M5 had no clue

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
That where a 3500 to 4000lb car making 450-500hp @ flywheel and 400-500 llbs of torque vs a 6000 to 7000lb truck making 500hp @ the rear wheels and 900-1000ftlbs of torque get interesting for sure! Has anyone seen any quarter mile times out of an m5? The truck should be able to yield a low 13 or better I would guess?

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
M5's run like 12.5 1/4 mile times. I was looking at the specs when we bought our ctsv. The caddy out did the m5 by like .10 tenths in the 1/4. There is no way in hell the m5 driver was trying.

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
what was the weight difference of the CTSV and the M5?? im guessing the Caddy is a bit lighter,, least they look like they would be. I've drove both and perfer the Caddy's performance but man the M5's ride quality down the highway was a bit better

02bigstrokin

Sep 9, 2008
what was the weight difference of the CTSV and the M5?? im guessing the Caddy is a bit lighter,, least they look like they would be. I've drove both and perfer the Caddy's performance but man the M5's ride quality down the highway was a bit better

I didn't really look at the weight difference. I'll agree with the better ride going to the BMW . My wife had a 530 before the caddy and it rode a lot better. But the caddy is probably My all time favorite vehicle that I have ever driven. But the new 2011 m5's are turbocharged now so I think they moved back ahead of the caddy, but for the 100k price tag you sure can make the caddy way faster for a lot less!

ku 808

Sep 6, 2010
I have a X5 and it would kill my truck on the freeway with giveing my truck a head start could hold her at 145 and feel good about not even breaking a sweat

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
I didn't really look at the weight difference. I'll agree with the better ride going to the BMW . My wife had a 530 before the caddy and it rode a lot better. But the caddy is probably My all time favorite vehicle that I have ever driven. But the new 2011 m5's are turbocharged now so I think they moved back ahead of the caddy, but for the 100k price tag you sure can make the caddy way faster for a lot less!

yeah I love CTSVs. one of my all time fav's as well. I really like the G8 GXP as well. Just something about a big, smooth 4 door car that that rides great, is roomy and still makes 400+ that really revs my engine lol.

wrcknkrw

Feb 21, 2008
roy ut
First gen ctsv weigh 3900. From a 30mph pull they are a beast. My truck didn't stand a chance against my v till it was twinned.

llybyppe

May 11, 2009
I swear. If you aren't in a click here or just a random person you are either a liar or it didn't happen. And no my truck is no where near 650 hp. Barely 400. And I haven't changed my fuel filter. Again all of you are right. My truck is a slow turd and he was actually riding the brakes the whole time. Done posting on this site

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I swear. If you aren't in a click here or just a random person you are either a liar or it didn't happen. And no my truck is no where near 650 hp. Barely 400. And I haven't changed my fuel filter. Again all of you are right. My truck is a slow turd and he was actually riding the brakes the whole time. Done posting on this site

If you don't have the sack/thick skin to take people's op, without fighting back/ getting your panties in a bunch, there are other sites ;). Sit back, chill, argue back and have some fun.... I've taken many vehicles that should have ate me for lunch, there are many variables.... Chillll :)

DIGGLER

Feb 6, 2011
SC
ill take your word for it.... 400hp 7,500lb truck outran a ~500hp 4,000lb m5 from a roll.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009

Can't wear your feeling on your sleeve bud if it happen it happen but just seems like a tough sell is all :thumb:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I didnt even see it as we didnt believe you or anything like that just saying mabe the guy didnt have it in m M not saying your truck isnt fast Is it just me guys? i didnt see it that way at all wasnt calling you a liar:dontknow:

jnieberlein

Secret Squirrel Diesel
Aug 17, 2009
West By God
Its just you! that guy is obviously a liar, there its been said (insert sarcastic tone) as in I am kidding. I kick all kinds of cars asses all the time but mainly cause they 1.) dont know we are racing & 2.) I dont hang around to tell em :roflmao:

madmatt

Apr 12, 2009
"the mecca"
www.facebook.com
Yep I never said u was lying,, just basically said that I wouldn't get to pumped cause ol boy either wasn't trying, had a m5 badged 5 series that was more like 300hp, or his shit was sick and he was on his way to the shop lol. There's a lot of car enthusiast on here too and don't think for a second we haven't been around $90k beemers and $100k+ ZR1s and shit. Lot of our trucks are quick but you gotta know what you up against too. :thumb: I'm sure your shit is fast but an M5 kill is a tough sell to guys who have been around cars and trucks both for a while.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I believe him simply because I've been embarrassed by cars that I could easily beat normally. It usually happens when they start off racing, and I don't realize it until I'm already behind a little and then I have to get out of it before I have a chance to get around them. Example, when I'm in a lane or next to a lane that merges just like he said he was, I'll either want to get in front of the guy I'm next to (and I don't figure he'll hammer down on it) or I don't want the guy next to me getting in front of me (because I'm an a-hole) and he hammers down on it when I don't expect him to.

So what I'm saying is maybe the M5 knew it was a race but not until it was too late for him to really do anything. The element of surprise can be a good ally in street racing.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
I have beat cars that are much quicker than my truck. They had a bad launch, missed a gear, or left too late etc. I still whooped there ass.

DIGGLER

Feb 6, 2011
SC
I have beat cars that are much quicker than my truck. They had a bad launch, missed a gear, or left too late etc. I still whooped there ass.
you didnt beat the car, you beat the driver.... there just isnt much point in bragging about beating a fast car when the driver didnt know you were racing/missed a gear/ was asleep.

if you have a 1000hp duramax and outran an m5 that would be believeable and cool since the truck actually probably outran the car.

08dmaxltz

Oct 6, 2010
It could have been an E39 m5 (01-03) I had one and my best quarter was 12.9. They are 400hp v8. And in that car I spanked a f-360. Only because we were at a light and my sedans longer wheel base kept me off the white slick stop line. He spun I didn't and the next light was red! I still count it as a win... I have to say there is no comparison to a M BMW. And yes it def could have been a fake M5. I have come across a few back when I had mine and for some reason they never wanted to race...lol my truck is still slow but it'll get there... Anyone wanna sell me some twins...

Sent from my iPhone so it probably doesn't make any sense.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
It could have been an E39 m5 (01-03) I had one and my best quarter was 12.9. They are 400hp v8. And in that car I spanked a f-360. Only because we were at a light and my sedans longer wheel base kept me off the white slick stop line. He spun I didn't and the next light was red! I still count it as a win... I have to say there is no comparison to a M BMW. And yes it def could have been a fake M5. I have come across a few back when I had mine and for some reason they never wanted to race...lol my truck is still slow but it'll get there... Anyone wanna sell me some twins...

Sent from my iPhone so it probably doesn't make any sense.

I prefer my audi S/RS cars though because you can keep driving them when the snow falls. :D :p:

Even with horrible all-season tires my 2004 S4 went anywhere my truck would go in the winter....stopping was another story though, you still need good snow tires to stop.