LB7: lowwerd d-max????

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
i wanna drop my d-max down a little and run a performance tire insted of an all-terrain ive seen the beltech shackles for the rear can i just use those and turn the t bars down or what do you guys think????

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
not much i just wanted to do maybe 3 or 4 in just so i can run like a nitto 420s or somthing like that....my shocks are shot anyway she will really start floating at 120mph;)

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
another thing you will want to watch out for is the trans X member. Mike L just came out with a slick new one though.

imo you may want to look into spindles. they are the best way to get it down and still have the same suspension geometry. only thing is you would need to run 17s or bigger.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
yea i wanted to go with a 20 inch wheel im running 18s now i have nittos in stock so tires arent the issue was thinkin of a 20x10 with the drop shackles and turnin t-bars 18x10 rockstars for sale by the way with 305+60+18 cooper stt's
:thumb:

othrgrl

Diesel Addiction Owner
Mar 10, 2008
Wilmington NC
www.mydieseladdiction.com
another thing you will want to watch out for is the trans X member. Mike L just came out with a slick new one though.

imo you may want to look into spindles. they are the best way to get it down and still have the same suspension geometry. only thing is you would need to run 17s or bigger.

Only thing about spindles is that with the T-bars down the CVs are at very negative angles, IMO you can get a 4x4 plenty low without spindles - unless you want to crank the T-bars up at the track.

Last edited:

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
i hear ya. it all depends on what you're using it for. keys will work but they just will not ride as well. you will need to either cut the bump stops or put smaller ones in and also run stiffer shock like mentioned.

lower control arms is another option but they are pricey.

770JOHNNYW

Sep 16, 2009
Gainesville ,Ga
im not trying to lay it out or nothing i really like the way othrgrl's truck looks thats sort of what im going for you running a 20x10? does it scrub at all?

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
yea i know that. i never liked the ride i had with stock keys dropped all the way down. it was like riding on hydros.

you can run drop keys cranked up, this way you will be a little lower yet still have torsion on the bars to actually act the way they should. when i ran my stock keys all the way loostened i could hear the bars/keys rattle when i hit a good bump.

DURAMAXNV

Jul 31, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I have a brand new set of Mcgaughy drop keys that I just decided not to use if you haven't bought some already, shoot me a pm if interested