Lowest Straight axle swap

HEEPJEEP

<--- Solid Axle "Leveled"
Mar 26, 2009
NH
Heepjeep is the lowest ive ever seen. His looks no higher than a leved dmax

Yeah I am pretty low :D. I know now after doing more SAS's that getting low with leaf springs is WAY easier.

But, yeah, I do like the coil-overs and links...:thumb:

SmokinHotLLYGirl

Smoked Out's wife
Jun 14, 2011
Indiana
Regular cab long bed. I can get the pics up tomorrow. Im on my phone and pics are on computer... I have quite a few but can get the good ones up!

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
I've seen your truck in person, and this one looks to be lower...also from Ohio.

lowsas.jpg

Duramaxdave

Dec 25, 2011
If you go with oru"s kit 6." would defiantly be the lowest. even at that you dont have much up travel with out modification. The plus 6 spring make a big difference. the kit does 3" in the brackets so the 3" pack is inverted. I went back to atlas and had them make me a custom pack off their original pack which is now BADASS. it will cycle the entire 14" 3.0 KING Bypass shock.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
If you go with oru"s kit 6." would defiantly be the lowest. even at that you dont have much up travel with out modification. The plus 6 spring make a big difference. the kit does 3" in the brackets so the 3" pack is inverted. I went back to atlas and had them make me a custom pack off their original pack which is now BADASS. it will cycle the entire 14" 3.0 KING Bypass shock.

Have you read this thread? The OP has ford excursion springs (negative arch) Pretty sure it's about as low as you can make one...

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Have you read this thread? The OP has ford excursion springs (negative arch) Pretty sure it's about as low as you can make one...

I can't much lower without making a new fwd crossmember! I have plenty of pan clearance. My 20x12 wheels are holding me back from going lower now! If I didn't DD I would go lower for the drag strip but am happy with looks and drive ability.

DIGGLER

Feb 6, 2011
SC
Some people think IFS is the worst thing in the world and every truck that has IFS kills a baby seal.

:rofl:
i see the ifs trucks pulling all the time.... seems odd so many people would need something stronger even though it makes the truck ride worse?

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
i see the ifs trucks pulling all the time.... seems odd so many people would need something stronger even though it makes the truck ride worse?

Who says the truck will ride worse? I would bet money a coilover Sas can ride as good or better than a Ifs truck. Leaf spring Hmm probably not.

I had a leaf spring Sas & just sold it. I got bit by the drag racing bug and 8" of lift and 38" tires don't make a truck faster at the track. I still have dana 60 set up for coilovers sitting behind the garage.

If you lift your Ifs, I can almost say with certainty at some point you will want to do a Sas... If you run a low rider not much point is there.

I think the ops truck is doing pretty well...