Lowest Safe air pressures for drag racing on Drag Radials

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
I plan on having my son video tape the runs again so hopefully I can see how the adjustments affect it . The truck is currently sitting 1" higher in rear , I may lower the rear 1" so that its level .

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
UPDATE. Test hits results. So after adjusting ladder bars to bottom hole ,setting pinion angle and setting both front and rear coil overs to tightest settings ,this evening I lowered air pressures to 24/13.5. I was at 28 /24. Seems it made a hell of a difference . It barely makes a squeal on the street on concrete, my guess is if it did this well on virgin concrete(No rubber layed down) it's bound to hook up even on a half ass prepared track . With the above and new tunes from Mark I'm hoping for lower 60', lower ETs and higher MPH . Will update on the 28th after I make some runs weather permitting .

prostreeter600

Street rodder
Jul 18, 2010
Dallas Tx
UPDATE for those of you that were following this . Went to the track last night at Tx Motorplex . First as suggested I marked the wheels and tires with a yellow paint marker . I started with 22 psi front 12 rear . Initially I only made test hits , shut it down prior to the 1/8 . Test hits were made in tune 5 . 1st go around I crept thru the brakes and red lit. 1.89--60' not good . Went to pits check marks --front were fine, rears moved 1". Increased rears to 14 psi and remarked them . Test hit 2---1.59 60' . Go back to the pits check the tires , front were fine rears moved 1" again. Increased psi to 16 and remarked them . 3rd go around I had my son make a full pass in tune 4 after waiting 1 hr plus for them to clean the track after a Mustang found the wall . We were only gonna be able to get 1 pass in cause of the crash , it was now 12:31 am when we ran . Tune 4 cause our previous 10.66 was in tune 4 . I wanted to know if adjustments and lower air pressures improved our times . Our patience was rewarded with a 10.320 @ 134.59. 60' was 1.556 . We were still spinning the front tires on all runs . Went to pits checked the tires they had moved 1" again . I am gonna change front coil overs to keep front end down. Rear tires were obviously bitting hard . I believe front end is coming up and unloading the front tires. With all said the truck went faster than ever and did its best ever 60' of 1.556. New coilovers and new tunes with more fuel . :happy2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 9