Lowering LMM

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
So I have an 08' 2500 that I have a procomp lift with typical aftermarket parts. It's a 6" so you can guess that the stock crossmember was replaced and that the diff ear was cut. I've drove cognito up a wall making a parts list to lower my truck. I'm buying a fifth wheel trailer/toyhauler and so that comes with a lot of weight and I bumper pull a lot of hay throughout the summer, it's my "the wife can't touch it cause the truck earned it" truck parts money; so I wouldn't mind beefing up my suspension to 1 ton plus I'm redoing the whole suspension anyhow so why not try to go stiffer
My questions are
Is it worth going up to a 1 ton suspension or would it be easier and have the same payout to stay 3/4 with air bags? What kind of bags have you had good experiences with? Are 1 ton parts bolt on for the most part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DefiantArms

Limp Mode Cowboy
Jan 28, 2016
St. Augustine, FL
I had a buddy that sold his 2500 and went to a 3500 dually because he couldn't get the ride right with bags hauling his camber.

Last edited:

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
How much is the front cranked up? You might be able to lower the front a couple inches from loosening the adjuster bolts. Put a smaller block in the back to match. That might be enough to to be able to tow your fifth wheel.

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
How much is the front cranked up? You might be able to lower the front a couple inches from loosening the adjuster bolts. Put a smaller block in the back to match. That might be enough to to be able to tow your fifth wheel.

I have a 1" key in the front and procomp lead in the rear

Novak

Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
I had a buddy that sold his 2500 and went to a 3500 dually because he couldn't get the ride right with bags hauling his camber.

Yea I don't like the "spongy" feeling when I haul but I know that's partly because I've been doing bumper pulls