Low rail pressure with dual fuelers

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Have seen a few guys install the kits wrong. They install the o ring onto the new driver side rear rail fitting and it does not seat right and seal off.

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Dan it is your PPE kit and I was doin a few more test it seems to hold better pressure on the higher hp tunes but still throws the code I'm gonna get some logs to rob

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
the oring only goes on the fitting that goes in the t block we supply, the fitting that feeds the rail does not get one. have you done a bottle test yet?'

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Brand new or not id still do the bottle test its a PITA but its a free test and like i said ive seen brand new injectors bad.

Scott you bottle test is a bit different than what everyone else refers to it as. Most of the time its refered to as checking to see if the FPRV is popping open. Your refering to checking return rates via injectors and CP3 correct?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I have had a few guys do this same thing on the install. They install the o ring onto the new fitting from Ppe into the rail. The new fitting needs to seat all the way to seal off the rail past the bleed off hole. With the o ring on you can not get the fitting in all the way and it leaks internal and pops the code some points in time when it gets bad enough it will leak past the fitting. Remove the fitting take o ring off reinstall make sure she's tight also before reinstalling check the fitting seating surface to make sure it has not been messed up in anyway.

2006 LBZ

Feb 8, 2011
Calgary, Ab.
Also could have some pinched supply and return hoses after the install is complete, I have had two trucks come into the shop like this after customer installs.

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
I will do that it's not to hard to get to that fitting so I'll start by takin that oring out and then bottle test it also after that

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
I've worked on a lot of trucks and Coustmer trucks always come out flawless but mine has been One big project from day one haha funny how that works

06dmax

Aug 5, 2009
Worked late today but did take the o ring out and didnt change anything so gonna bottle test it hopefully tomorrow as long as I'm off in time

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
this is for our dual fueler kit for the LBz' and LMMs.

1.Go to the PRV/fuel block supplied in our kit (mounted above the drivers side valve cover) find the black hose, remove black hose exposing the brass nipple on our fuel block.

2.Pinch off black hose with pliers or hose pincher. start truck, looks at brass nipple and see if fuel is coming out. if so shut off truck, if not unplug the 2nd cp3 pump elec plug (motor will get very loud, no worries) now check if fuel is coming out (do not get your ANYTHING by the brass nipple at ANYTIME, fuel pressure can exceed 26,000 PSI!!!!).

3.If no fuel is coming out post back and we will move forward. If fuel is leaking out make sure oring is installed on PRV/RACE valve and make sure its very tight, about 65 ft lbs.

4. if you dont want to make a diesel mess under the hood use a some 5/16 hose and a bottle (Bottle test)...